What's new

Can you resolve this scenario...

Any number of things come to mind, but Chanel Pour Monsieur or Cuir de Russie come to mind immediately.

chypre or citrus.

Chanel Pour Monsieur
Monsieur de Givenchy
Eau d'Hermès
Pour Un Homme Caron
Mouchoir de Monsieur.

A few years later he would be wearing Eau Sauvage by Dior and Signoricci.

Given the description that you provide, my sense is that this man is an influential industrialist with access to the most cutting edge technology available to a man of his time. It is likely that his connections to the defense technology industry have made available certain devices that even now remain secret. That having been said, this sophisticated traveler is no doubt able to access the time stream with the same degree of ease that you or I might board a regional jet. As such, he can avail himself of fragrances that were only available to the residents of ancient Byzantium or Samarkand, Paris or Cologne. He can just as easily buy--if men of the future will "buy" things--a fragrance as yet to be discovered. Your traveling companion is truly a remarkable man.

I'm thinking Old Spice or English Leather ... or if his suit and attache case are from Brooks Brothers, he's probably wearing whatever cologne they sell ... Royalle Spice?

... and the executive is thinking to himself "Thank Goodness, only one more year to go and I can start using Tabac!"

:lol:

Given the description that you provide, my sense is that this man is an influential industrialist with access to the most cutting edge technology available to a man of his time. It is likely that his connections to the defense technology industry have made available certain devices that even now remain secret. That having been said, this sophisticated traveler is no doubt able to access the time stream with the same degree of ease that you or I might board a regional jet. As such, he can avail himself of fragrances that were only available to the residents of ancient Byzantium or Samarkand, Paris or Cologne. He can just as easily buy--if men of the future will "buy" things--a fragrance as yet to be discovered. Your traveling companion is truly a remarkable man.

Classic. You've been on fire lately. The Nipponese air must be treating you well (or is it the fumes of Mandom aerating your genius)

Gentlemen,

If I were writing this man's portrait, for his cologne I would select Taylor of Old Bond Street's Eaton Collection. I like the fit.

Obelit

Yeah, pretty sure it'd be Eucris (possibly the Dunhill). He may also have some Parisian perfumer make him up a custom scent as anything else would simply be too pedestrian.

Last edited:
Top Bottom