What's new

Can you recommend a stand?

Hi all, I'm looking for a razor and brush stand for my Merkur Futur 701 and my Muehle Traditional Brush. I'm currently using an Omega 226 stand, but I'm looking for something a bit more...classy?

I love the design of the Muehle stands or Merkur's own base for the Futur, but all of the stands I like are incompatible withe either the Futur or the Muehle Traditional brush!

Could you please provide some possible alternatives, if you know of any? Thank you for your time!

Last edited:
Welcome from Idaho! I have seen some nice wood stands on Etsy, eagerly awaiting some recommendations as well.

Attachments

• 8619AE4E-A7D1-4CDE-8858-169B405DB837.png
    8619AE4E-A7D1-4CDE-8858-169B405DB837.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 20
Through Wayfair, my wonderful LOTH just ordered a rotating storage rack for my shaving gear. It is 12' high with three 9" in circular storage shelves. Will post a picture once it is in hand, put together, and 'populated' with my den's stuff.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Welcome ..The multi-purpose stands while looking a bit cheap work usually if you have just one of each implement .. but be aware that B&B values accumulation of all sorts. Me, I just keep them apart, lest they multiply again

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Welcome ..The multi-purpose stands while looking a bit cheap work usually if you have just one of each implement .. but be aware that B&B values accumulation of all sorts. Me, I just keep them apart, lest they multiply again
Amen.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Good timing to ask about stands, cause I just ordered one. Go to Amazon and look Perfecto Deluxe Razor Brush Stand. My stand will arrive tomorrow, if I remember to, I can post a picture of it here if you'd like. You can buy either the version in chrome which is what I ordered, or the version in all black.

Just make sure the prongs in the stand are wide enough to hold your brush. I've seen prongs with 30mm openings and some with 27mm openings. The 30mm opening worked with most of my brushes, but it was too small for my SOC (unless I balanced the SOC on the ring around its knot on the stand's prongs).

2DF7FFA1-CEEB-4EA8-B843-6E099F6A6D80.jpeg

57EED134-59A7-4CD0-807A-DF016CF6A412.jpeg

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Alright, my brush stand came in, and I took the best pics I could in short notice. As you can see, it holds both my Feather AS-D2 Razor, as well as my Chrome Pure Badger brush.

proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php

So far, I am liking this stand! First of all, it looks gorgeous! Secondly, it fits both the weight of my Feather razor, a whole 3.4 ounces worth, and it holds my brush perfectly, which also weighs a couple ounces. The base of the stand has some weight to it as well to keep it upright, and has a felt bottom, so as not to scratch up your counter top.

Time will tell if the stand will fit my jumbo Maseto Avatar 30mm knott when it comes in the mail. From what I can tell of other people's pictures of this thing, if you have a jumbo handled brush, the handle won't fit, but you can hang it from the top of the handle and the brush hairs. So we will see, until then, this stand gets a solid 4 out of 5 stars.

Hi all, I'm looking for a razor and brush stand for my Merkur Futur 701 and my Muehle Traditional Brush. I'm currently using an Omega 226 stand, but I'm looking for something a bit more...classy?

I love the design of the Muehle stands or Merkur's own base for the Futur, but all of the stands I like are incompatible withe either the Futur or the Muehle Traditional brush!

Could you please provide some possible alternatives, if you know of any? Thank you for your time!
The Sterling Soap website has stands that will handle all sizes at a very good price and shipping time is excellent.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I bought some of these Brush & razor stands at a Yaqi sale a while back and they are practical for small footprint space on the counter top IMO. Good design come in Black and White colors.
Z-Yaqi brush razor stand.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
Top Bottom