What's new

Can you help me with buying a tablet for playing YouTube videos while I learn to play the piano?

+1

I'm a big fan of youtube-dl but there are plenty programs and extentions to download videos. I like youtube-dl as it automates pulling full playlists and will even rip and transcode audio from full playlists skipping errors, but a browser extention is easier to just click and collect.

Tutorials like that benefit from having your own copy. Download once, watch it many times, don't cry when it vanishes from Youtube and you never got round to getting the last bit just right. Also means that you can generally use whatever media player you want, no buffering, easy slo-mo, loops etc.

Been a few years since I touched a Kindle Fire but there's no real need for it be online, updated, supported etc. Use a desktop or laptop which is up to date to download videos, pop them on an sd card and stick it in the kindle. MicroSD's are dirt cheap at the moment.

I'm happy to report that I've found a solution to my problem:

My sister gave me a "hand-me-down" repeater/range extender, that she said didn't work in her apartment. a 2015 model, no less. So it's not the latest and the greatest. Suffice to say, it didn't work for her, and she put it in her garage.

It would be fair to say, that our humble abode is larger than my sister's apartment.

After spending a fair amount of time on the phone with technical support agent, I can't believe this Rage Extender is covering as much ground as it is, considering it couldn't extend the range in much smaller confines.

So, now, I can "pick up," for lack of a better word, YouTube video on my phone, down in our living room, where the piano is. Now all I need is a larger display. But that's another thread...

Top Bottom