What's new

Can you help me identify what DE Razor and Blades are these?

I'm new here, this forum has been my source of information and opinions for a long time, more than five years, but my level of expertise doesn't allow me to post anything relevant here, so I make my first post with a question I'd be glad if anyone could help.

Beforehand, if this post is not in the right section, I ask the moderators to please redirect it if they may.

The background, these pictures were taken from the movie Bridge of Spies depicting events in the 50s in New York City.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Can't answer your questions. But I have to ask my own:

Why would someone remove a blade by holding the cutting edges?! What a clueless props department... :scared:

I'm new here, this forum has been my source of information and opinions for a long time, more than five years, but my level of expertise doesn't allow me to post anything relevant here, so I make my first post with a question I'd be glad if anyone could help.

Beforehand, if this post is not in the right section, I ask the moderators to please redirect it if they may.

The background, these pictures were taken from the movie Bridge of Spies depicting events in the 50s in New York City.

View attachment 1355762

View attachment 1355763

View attachment 1355764
The blade looks like a Gillette Blue and a „modern“ one as well (slots, holes and corners) not like the old 3 holes/rounded sides…

These you can find easily but please don’t attempt to shave with them as carbon blades deteriorate over the years.

No clue about the razor…

Agree looks like Gillette Blue blade. Razor: Impossible to id unless someone here recognizes the handle. Pic is funny though considering how the user removes the blade. Obviously not a wet shaving enthusiast. No one in here would grasp the blade by the cutting edge. How dumb is that?

By the way you mentioned that your level of expertise makes you uncomfortable posting here but I encourage you to do so. I learned most of what I know about razors (still learning) by asking questions, posting pics of unidentified shaving objects, and participating. Folks in here are eager to see your pics and answer your questions, as well as hear about your experiences.

Top Bottom