What's new

Can You Fix a Stuck Adjustment Knob on a Black Beauty?

At a yard sale I bought a couple of razors for a dollar each.is in beautiful

The Black Beauty is in beautiful condition as far as appearances are concerned, but the adjustment dial is stuck on 9.

And I mean stuck.

Is there any way to fix this without taking the whole thing apart?

I would recommend repeated soaking in hot water with Dawn dish detergent. I have had good luck with this method in the past.

I would recommend repeated soaking in hot water with Dawn dish detergent. I have had good luck with this method in the past.
I have too until recently I encountered a Fatboy. Soaked for a few days - no luck. Ultra-sonic cleaner a few hours - no luck. Solution - send it to the Captain

Figure there's 30-40 YEARS of soap and gunk in there, that's probably been sitting untouched and just turning to concrete for many more years after that. It's going to take time and patience and hot water and soap and more time and more patience!

As Go West Young Man has said, it has had time to set up. The only thing I might add to what others have said about soaking is set it somewhere that you past by. Several times a day pull it out and with fingers only try to wiggle the adjusting dial. Keep this up and you may be rewarded with a functioning Black Beauty.

Spray it all over with WD40, including into the stem from the open doors and into the adjustment area as best you can get to it. Let it sit on a paper towel for a couple hours and then another soak of WD-40, and another hour to soak. If that does not work, try the method of soaking in water and dish detergent.

It is stuck on 9.

I shaved with it yesterday and got a great shave.

I am going to keep soaking it and working with it.

Top Bottom