What's new

Can ya reuse blade containers?

ok so i have an old nos gillete blade container, it has black blades in it that u slide out, one pulls from the right and the next pulls from the left and they have arrows on them. I got a similar box today from the swmbo from tops, i have yet to use the razor but i love the design of this box. Much better than individually wrapped razors. I was thinking would it be possible to refill these with blades that come in plain cardboard containers? i have already started reusing the little white plastic containers that you push wrapped blades out of, however this design is much superior.

ok so i have an old nos gillete blade container, it has black blades in it that u slide out, one pulls from the right and the next pulls from the left and they have arrows on them. I got a similar box today from the swmbo from tops, i have yet to use the razor but i love the design of this box. Much better than individually wrapped razors. I was thinking would it be possible to refill these with blades that come in plain cardboard containers? i have already started reusing the little white plastic containers that you push wrapped blades out of, however this design is much superior.

Sadly you cannot. The schick dispensers can be reused, but these ones can't be refilled

that sucks, they seem like a perfect design... i think i may try anyways with something like red isrealli's i have some left i just dont think they are shave worthy. The only thing iam afraid of is running the shavin edge along the side and ruining the blade.

that sucks, they seem like a perfect design... i think i may try anyways with something like red isrealli's i have some left i just dont think they are shave worthy. The only thing iam afraid of is running the shavin edge along the side and ruining the blade.

I think its possible, but you have to depress the plastic portion while pushing the blade in. Just be careful not to cut yourself

Also, the really old, all-plastic Personna DE dispensers can be reused (pre-Personna 74). They are slightly smaller than the Schick and can fit in places meant for the Gillette dispenser (Schick is too big in some dimensions sometimes)..

Which one do you have? I have Gillette Super Blue, Super Stainless, Spoiler, and Platinum Plus dispensers. All are the same design, and all can be taken apart and reloaded.

Gently bend the edges of the upper metal half away from the plastic bottom. The metal bottom plate that holds the used blades will pop off when you separate the two halves. Reload your blades overlapping them right to left.

When ready to reassemble place the bottom blade holder onto the plastic bottom and while holding it in place make sure the blades are straight and snap the metal top back in place to put it all back together.

I've become a pro at this since finding out that these blades stick together after 30 40 50 years from the oily film applied at the factory. Cleaned 'em all up and now they slide out easy.

Top Bottom