What's new

Can this strop be reconditioned?

Hi guys.
I received an old strop and straight for Christmas. I know nothing about this stuff. Zero experience. My wife thought we could use them for decorating the renovated bathroom because of my love of de. So that was the intended purpose and that's fine by me. She is awesome. But of course having this stuff laying around gets you wondering. My questions are- it is an old scotch lassie strop very well worn but no cuts that I see. Can it be reconditioned? Could it be used to practice stropping? The razor is a cosmo but has a good sized knick on it. Can the knick be honed out? Can this possibly be honed to shave ready?If not would the knick damage the strop practicing? Basically are these items usable? If not fine they will look good in the den as intended. But if there is a possibilty of getting any of it useable why not! Right? $IMG_20160111_112517_hdr.jpg$IMG_20160111_112458_hdr.jpg

As [MENTION=59733]Brianskeet[/MENTION] stated that chip can be honed out and used and I would use some high grit WD paper to sand the strop and recondition with some shaving lather.

Last edited:
As [MENTION=59733]Brianskeet[/MENTION] stated that chip can be honed out and used and I would use some high grit WD paper to sand the strop and recondition with some shaving lather.

Thanks panther, what grit would you recommend?

Top Bottom