What's new

Can this be fixed?

I bought this mainly because the head was in pretty nice shape. The handle is cracked all the way down and is missing the ball end. Is it worth trying to fix or should I just use a different handle on it?20170703_101727.jpg 20170703_101815.jpg 20170703_102126.jpg

I bought this mainly because the head was in pretty nice shape. The handle is cracked all the way down and is missing the ball end. Is it worth trying to fix or should I just use a different handle on it?
Have a look at this thread: Help ID a Pitiful Gillette
It is possible to solder the joint and find a brass insert for the end. My favourite would be a spent bullet casing soldered in.
Looks a great razor by the way.

You have a few options here. Once that crack is sealed up, the handle is perfectly usable even without the ball end. If you go a different route, you could replace the ball-end with something else, grab another ball-end handle for next to nothing or replace it with a different handle all together.

I think you should try to fix it. That way you'll learn one of two things, fixing it wasn't that hard or it turned out way more trouble than it's worth.

Top Bottom