What's new

Can someone tell me how to use or what to store Barbacide in

Today I ended up running some errands today and ended up going to Sally's to pick up some Barbacide to clean my razors and maybe have some if I end up with any new ones in the near time, what are people using to store there's in I noticed that the jar at Sally's was about 26 dollars seem little step and didn't need a huge jar didn't see any at target that would work well enough and Wonder how to use it to

Pretty much any glass container with a lid of sorts really, but the actual barbicide jar does come in handy.
Anywhere to get the jar cheap? Other then maybe online I thought about it be to big thought I ended up with a 16oz bottle thought. Couldn't find a simple glass jar with a glass lid to it thought at target and few other places hopefully I can give my razors a good clean

Anywhere to get the jar cheap? Other then maybe online I thought about it be to big thought I ended up with a 16oz bottle thought. Couldn't find a simple glass jar with a glass lid to it thought at target and few other places hopefully I can give my razors a good clean
If you have one near you, check out a Sally's Beauty Supply. The one near me sells both the concentrated solution AND the branded jar.

First, read the directions. I think the mix rate is like 1 oz to one gallon water.

Mix up a gallon.

Place enough in a container to cover the head of your razor.

Do not soak longer than recommended in the directions. I think it's like 10-15 minutes. Several members in several threads have noticed damage to certain razors when excessive soaking, like overnight has occurred.

I considered Barbicide, but settled on Isopropyl alcohol. Disenfects and displaces water. Neither of which may be necessary, but works for me.

And the 26.00 bottle at Sally's is a lifetime supply if that's what you choose to use. Remember these are industrial chemicals.
1oz. Concentrate equals 1 gallon solution.

I've not read of any substantive advantage of Barbasol over isopropyl alcohol. There may be advantages I'm not aware of. Soaking clipper blades or something.

And the 26.00 bottle at Sally's is a lifetime supply if that's what you choose to use. Remember these are industrial chemicals.
1oz. Concentrate equals 1 gallon solution.

I've not read of any substantive advantage of Barbasol over isopropyl alcohol. There may be advantages I'm not aware of. Soaking clipper blades or something.

+1! You should be set for life!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
As a barber I soaked it in the special jar made of glass and stainless steel scissor/ comb holder. As someone else said though, today I would go with a mason jar. And also have had plating come off of stuff left in too long. As to the advantage of it over alcohol: Barbicide kills viruses, even HIV.

I bought the Marvy brand container.

I love it. My razor of the day gets a bath while I take my shower. Cleans and shines them up nice.

Oh, and my wife is constantly putting her nail tools and tweezers and other plated stuff in there too so for us, it's been worth the money.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 59
Does anyone know where I can get a jar that would fit a razor for a 16 oz bottle? Thought about getting the Marvy jar thought just don't think I had room for one and 27 bucks kinda much for me thought I don't think it would get used enough I use to clean and haven't for some time once an month I would clean my razors with dawn and a tooth brush

What about a second hand coffee plunger?

Should be able to pick one up for a couple of bucks at a yard sale or similar.

Tjmaxx, Marshalls and others have cheap French coffee presses. I've seen small ones for as little as 5.00.

Simply unscrew the metal filter and holder and you are gold. Or, you can rig up a retrieval system out of the filter.

I paid 8.00 for one similar to this one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 44
Another vote for a manicurist jar. I have the Marvy from Sally's Beauty. Barbicide also makes one, never have found one in the wild though.

Manicurist Disinfectant Jar

As others mentioned, don't leave items in it very long, especially aluminum. 10 minutes or so removes all the soap scum, a quick rinse and the razor normally will be pristine.

I'll have to go back look again or just find a ball jar and use that thanks for the feedback thought weird that somehow this post got into shaving soaps

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom