What's new

can someone answer a murker futur question for me

Hi everyoneI just got my murker futur,,,in the mail and I noticed that,,when I turn the settings dial,,,you know right under the head,,,,with the numbers on it,,,, there, ,there no click sound or feel that,,,,would suggest it is locked in on,,the setting, , it is very smooth when,,turning from one number to another is,,it supposed to work that way or is something, ,wrong with mine,,,,,, All help and advice is ,,,well appreciatedThanks

Hi everyoneI just got my murker futur,,,in the mail and I noticed that,,when I turn the settings dial,,,you know right under the head,,,,with the numbers on it,,,, there, ,there no click sound or feel that,,,,would suggest it is locked in on,,the setting, , it is very smooth when,,turning from one number to another is,,it supposed to work that way or is something, ,wrong with mine,,,,,, All help and advice is ,,,well appreciatedThanks
Sounds the same as mine enjoy

Normal. But be prepared for an outstanding close and comfortable shave.

Caution: It's aggressive! I have a tough beard and a low setting of 1.5 is perfect for me using a Persona Lab Blue blade.

Murker? Is it a Merkur copy?
It's a genuine merkur got it From a distributor of shaving and skin. .
care products,, out of England / UK...
came in the original box along with the user guide,,, straight from
Solingen Germany. .I removed the top cap for inspection and with...
my jewelers magnifying glass, , on the bottom plate is stamped /...
ingraved....MERKUR on one end and SOLINGEN GERMANY,,
On the other end..
And it also came with one Merkur blade that I Won't be using. ..

Last edited:
Well, I guess you convinced everyone who is not paranoid that you in fact do have a Merkur Futur. :001_smile You provided good evidence!

However, I love Merkur blades in Merkur razors. I would use the blade and see how you like it. Remember, as I stated above, the Futur is aggressive, and a lower setting may be all you need. I have heavy coarse whiskers and a setting of only 1.5 is outstanding for me.

Let us know how you like the Futur.

I also only use my Futur on 1.5 or 2 and have coarse whiskers. I know blades are a personal preference, but I had the best luck with Astra SP and didn't care for the Merkur blades.

Enjoy, it's a great razor!

Top Bottom