What's new

Can no longer access forum list on tablet

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Phil, you're doing a poor job of explaining it. This demonstration video better illustrates the issue and what we implemented to correct it.
I love the old one for Rockwell Software, mostly because it pokes fun at Rockwell, which is not among my favorites.
(Brought to you by Rockwell Software - making your Allen Bradley PLC's more difficult to work with every single day!)

Ad Astra

The Instigator
🤔 Nope. Samsung Internet browser, Android tablet.

Logged out and deleted the data twice. Again today. Not working. Sorry for the report... Some serious aggravation going on apparently.

So using Firefox works just fine. Tad slower loading pix.

AA

Both Fire 7 and Fire 10 are working. As it turns out on the 10 I had to pick the time frame for the clearing. I had to pick "for all time". Not clearing it all just kept giving me the main page over again.

Thanks for all your efforts!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
🤔 Nope. Samsung Internet browser, Android tablet.

Logged out and deleted the data twice. Again today. Not working. Sorry for the report... Some serious aggravation going on apparently.

So using Firefox works just fine. Tad slower loading pix.

AA
I'm going to break out my Samsung Tablet and see what I see.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Both Fire 7 and Fire 10 are working. As it turns out on the 10 I had to pick the time frame for the clearing. I had to pick "for all time". Not clearing it all just kept giving me the main page over again.

Thanks for all your efforts!
That's good to hear!

Looks like they've completely things up. The only thing I can view anymore is an announcement for the auction. I've tried three different browsers. No idea how I got to this thread, but all other attempts take me to the auction announcement.

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing to note. Clearing through the tablet 's settings did not work. I had to use the browser's settings to clear even though the table's settings said it would do it.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Looks like they've completely things up. The only thing I can view anymore is an announcement for the auction. I've tried three different browsers. No idea how I got to this thread, but all other attempts take me to the auction announcement.
I understand your frustration.
This is most certainly a cache issue. It was on our end, and it has been on users end.
We're willing to work with you to resolve the issue if you would like to.
What model device are you using and what browsers have you used unsuccessfully?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
It is defying every effort to use Samsung Internet, too bad.
Logout, app data, machine data, cookies, cache, wrecked all my other logins... And restart. Won't work.

AA
I just pulled my Samsung Galaxy Tab3 out, and it's completely dead, so it's on charge now.
I'll look at it as soon as I am able to start it up.
It is defying every effort to use Samsung Internet, too bad.
Logout, app data, machine data, cookies, cache, wrecked all my other logins... And restart. Won't work.

AA
@Ad Astra
I'm using my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 now with Samsung Internet.
I'm not having any issues. Having said that, this is the first time I've used this browser to visit the site. Normally I use Duckduckgo, which clears everything every time you exit.
I'm sorry I can't replicate your experience.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I just pulled my Samsung Galaxy Tab3 out, and it's completely dead, so it's on charge now.
I'll look at it as soon as I am able to start it up.

@Ad Astra
I'm using my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 now with Samsung Internet.
I'm not having any issues. Having said that, this is the first time I've used this browser to visit the site. Normally I use Duckduckgo, which clears everything every time you exit.
I'm sorry I can't replicate your experience.

It's OK Phil, I made a Firefox button just for the site. 🥸

And it may yet get fixed.

AA

I understand your frustration.
This is most certainly a cache issue. It was on our end, and it has been on users end.
We're willing to work with you to resolve the issue if you would like to.
What model device are you using and what browsers have you used unsuccessfully?
Thanks. I have a Samsung tablet. I've tried Samsung Internet, Chrome and Duck Duck Go.

On Samsung Internet I cleared cookies and the cache to no avail. Same with Duck

Today, suddenly, Chrome is working. I didn't change anything so I'm not sure why. Maybe rebooting fixed it.

Finally, this morning I selected "show desktop site". Both Samsung and Duck work using that setting. So the problem may have something to do with the site's mobile version. People still having problems could try that.

Thanks for offering to help.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
🤔 I mentioned elsewhere, but forum list bookmark started working again on Samsung browser several days ago...

AA

Top Bottom