What's new

Can no longer access forum list on tablet

I noticed two days ago that I can no longer see the forum list on my Kindle tablet. Using the drop down menu to get to the forums like I used to do no longer works. It just takes me back to the main page.

If I use the "what's new" selection I can see a few of the latest posts. From there I can backtrack a little to view that subforum, like shaving soaps, but trying general discussion just takes me back to the main page again.

Any suggestions? Nothing has changed on my tablet.

Thanks.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
@borwish
We have seen that issue with folks, and in every case but one, deleting cookies and clearing the cache then a reboot solves the problem. The one case that it didn't solve the problem, the member loaded a different browser and it worked fine, indicating there may have been a problem with completely clearing cache or deleting cookies.
It seems that the browsers used stored old data on web pages which prevented the device from starting fresh.
I have no idea how to do that on a Kindle, however.

Now instead of just going to the mainpage I get a
"This page isn't working
www.badgerandblade.com redirected you too many times"

This isn't good. BB on the tablet in bed is how I often fall asleep at night. I can still assess some of the subforums from the google search result.

I was having a similar problem on my Kindle a few days ago. I did the delete cookies and clear cache thing and it worked for a day and then reverted back to unable to access the Forums page. I am receiving the same message as Borwish. I have repeated the cookies and cache process several times to no avail. I used Bing exclusively. Google is much worse with accessing B&B.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Now instead of just going to the mainpage I get a
"This page isn't working
www.badgerandblade.com redirected you too many times"

This isn't good. BB on the tablet in bed is how I often fall asleep at night. I can still assess some of the subforums from the google search result.

I was having a similar problem on my Kindle a few days ago. I did the delete cookies and clear cache thing and it worked for a day and then reverted back to unable to access the Forums page. I am receiving the same message as Borwish. I have repeated the cookies and cache process several times to no avail. I used Bing exclusively. Google is much worse with accessing B&B.

Yeah it’s jacked up. Perhaps the webmaster can have a look when he’s finished shaving.

What happens when you guys click this link?

In case you still want to know it's a Kindle Fire 7 from 2015. It's old and it's slow, but it keeps on working. I need it to run one app, which it still does although barely. The app has gotten much bigger and complicated, a good thing, while Amazon's bloat ware has too, a very bad thing. My several months old 10 runs the everything smoothly, but it gets the same error message.

I’m on a iPad
iOS 14.7
Chrome Browser ver 94
I get the same page isn’t working error.

The site appears to work properly on Safari

Attachments

• B33814B9-E193-45E8-B8EA-1BEC2832803B.jpeg
    B33814B9-E193-45E8-B8EA-1BEC2832803B.jpeg
    283.2 KB · Views: 15

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Here’s the error page.
That's weird, because that's not the address of the link I posted.
The link I posted (minus the zz at the front and end) is

zzhttps://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/forums/zz

and the address in your error page is

Image1.png

This last address is not the forum listing page, it is the main page.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
This has been forwarded to our IT genius for his information.
Give him a bit to see if he can figure out what is happening with your devices.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
If you are having an issue with being unable to reach the Forum Listing page, please post here your exact device model, and what browser you are using please.

We are trying to find some common denominator.
The issue appears to be related to cache and there are absolutely no errors in the error log, and Kevin cannot duplicate the problem.
Resolution of the issue for those who had the problem and now do not has been a thorough and complete cache flush. I am told some browsers do not like to let go of cache information, and clearing cache may be more complex than anticipated.

I suspect this is a browser issue. Outdated browsers are becoming outdated by the day/week/month and refuse to surf the "modern web" properly. I don't necessarily agree with the "modern web" standards so I don't blame the browsers. It just is what it is. If you have an older device, start by installing and trying new browsers:

Opera
Opera mini
Chrome
Chromium
Brave
Firefox
Pale Moon
Midori
Etc...

Same problem on an original iPad mini running 12.5.5. Won’t update to a newer version. I have tried the tricks to no avail. I get the same set of messages as others. Everything is fine on my iPhone and my iMac (Catalina). Safari and Chrome. Neither will access the site. They work fine for other sites.

Top Bottom