What's new

Can it be? 60 Shaves from this!

A remarkable 60 shaves from just one super-cheap Bic Metal disposable has been achieved! One razor, 4 months, every second day shaving. Only now is it beginning to struggle with hair removal. I am amazed at this performance and at no time did I feel I was misusing the razor (or abusing my face) in any way. At the price-point, it's amazing value despite being as light as a feather and as plastic as can be! Just reporting in!

Last edited:
I certainly would not push things to that extreme, but, if I need disposable razors I seek these out. They are the best disposable on the market in my opinion.
The amazing thing is that I just kept using it. I didn’t start out to push it to its limits but it just wouldn’t quit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A remarkable 60 shaves from just one super-cheap Bic Metal disposable has been achieved! One razor, 4 months, every second day shaving. Only now is it beginning to struggle with hair removal. I am amazed at this performance and at no time did I feel I was misusing the razor (or abusing my face) in any way. At the price-point, it's amazing value despite being as light as a feather and as plastic as can be! Just reporting in!
I have a couple of packages of them for travel and whatnot. I've never tried one more than a few days. Great results you got. Congrats!

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Pretty amazing, you must be doing something right. I remember using those when traveling for about a week, shaving every day. It's one of the few single-edge disposables that shaves well. There's no clogging.
I bought it from a thread here years ago. I was looking to wean myself off carts and move to DE. So I bought it blindly yet that super blade and clean design seems a winner.

I bought it from a thread here years ago. I was looking to wean myself off carts and move to DE. So I bought it blindly yet that super blade and clean design seems a winner.

The Dollar General Store near me carries them. I also have some Dollar General branded DE blades that are pretty good. $1 for a pack of 5. They're in those metal dispensers. I think they're made in Vietnam.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

ajkel64

The Aussie Basshole
Great stuff. You can get some decent mileage out of cartridge razors and disposable razors. I have not had a chance to try a BIC Metal yet as they are few and far between out here in Australia.

Great stuff. You can get some decent mileage out of cartridge razors and disposable razors. I have not had a chance to try a BIC Metal yet as they are few and far between out here in Australia.
And they said you would save money going the DE route

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I use disposable razors to shave the back of my neck. Not comfortable using a straight when I can’t see what I’m doing. I’ll pick up a pack of those. They look perfect for the job. Thanks for pointing it out.

I use disposable razors to shave the back of my neck. Not comfortable using a straight when I can’t see what I’m doing. I’ll pick up a pack of those. They look perfect for the job. Thanks for pointing it out.
It’s a super thin and sharp blade. I saw a good comment about it ages ago on a Forum and I now can recommend it myself!

Top Bottom