What's new

Can I use a wave pomade for my non afro hair?

Hi all
I am a white english male late 30s med brown hair, the area where I live has a vast amount of afro caribbean beauty/cosmetics stores , as a result I have access to a lot of pomades that are labelled as being "wave control" pomades (S-Curl, Sportin Waves etc) , I have never purchased any as I have non afro hair, it occured to me that if I can actually use these products with no problems/adverse effects etc then I may be missing out on a lot of good pomades. Can I use these pomades with my non afro hair?

Ingredients for S-Curl 360 style wave control pomade dont seem much different to most pomades : Petrolatum, Deionized Water (Aqua), Ceteareth-20, Glycerin, Paraffin, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Oleth-5, Hydroxylated Lanolin, Propylene Glycol, Oleth-10 Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Citronellol, Geraniol, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Alcohol, Limonene, Eugenol.

Sportin waves Gel pomade: Petrolatum, Aqua, Glycerin, Ceteareth-20, Paraffinum Liquidum, Polysorbate 20, Oleth-5, Propylene Glycol, Paraffin, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Cera Microcristallina/Microcrystalline Wax, Oleth-10, Parfum, Phenoxyethanol, Salicylic Acid, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Lianlool, Benzyl Alcohol, Citronellol, Geraniol, Amy Cinnamal, Limonene, Benzyl Benzoate, F.I.L. D45900/1

Thanks

Just go for it! No reason not too. If you don't like it try another until you find one you like. Like you say the ingredients are pretty much the same.

ww.jpeg

You definitely can use the wave-control pomade for your hair. Many of the pomades like Dax Wave and Groom, Luster's S-Curl Wave Control and Murray's Superior pomade are marketed for people with curly hair. Those pomades work well for people with straight hair as well.

I personally like Luster's S-Curl Wave Control pomade. It's a pomade that is like a cross between Murray's Superior and Dax Wave and Groom pomade. The ones you mentioned are a pomades that wash out easier. They might not have as much hold as the Luster's S-Curl wave Control pomade, but they'll wash out easier.

Luster's S-Curl Wave Control ingredients:

Petrolatum, Deionized Water (Aqua), Ceteareth-20, Glycerin, Paraffin, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Oleth-5, Hydroxylated Lanolin, Propylene Glycol, Oleth-10 Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Citronellol, Geraniol, ...

Thanks for the replies, I wanted something that washes out easy so I got a tub of s curl 360, also found a wb pomade that I have never heard of before called Hawaiian silky and got some Arko too

Top Bottom