What's new

Can I just use water on hard soap to fill the gap between my puck and bowl?

I just received a wooden bowl.

I have a puck of MWF soap that I have been using in a ceramic custard bowl.

When I put the puck in the new wooden bowl, there is a quarter inch gap. I would like to have the soap completely encased by the bowl.

I was wondering if I could just fill the bowl with some water and allow the soap to saturate and create a paste. Basically I want to create a paste or soapy cement to fill in the gap.

I don't like the idea of using heat to melt the soap.

* Would using water to create the paste and allowing it to dry somehow harm the ingredients or the effectiveness of the soap?

Thank you in advance,

Jason

I don't know if that would work, Jason. After a few uses the puck would likely stick to the bottom of the container from just the dried soap under it.

Same problem, I shaved a bit off the puck with a pocketknife to fill in the space, then wet it and mashed. Worked fine.

I have several pucks in different Old Spice mugs. By the time I load my brush a few times I've created some amount of lather in the mug which, as it collapses, seems to fill in the cracks around the edge.

I suppose you could grate a little bit off of the puck and then pack the grated soap around the edge. After a few uses it should all fuse together nicely.

I don't know if that would work, Jason. After a few uses the puck would likely stick to the bottom of the container from just the dried soap under it.

I think your right but I have no plans on switching out the puck until it is completely gone or becomes unusable.

I do; however appreciate your insight.

I will give it a shot. I just hope that this process doesn't ruin the puck's integrity prematurely and I have to repeat the process several times.

I have an extra puck so we will see what happens.

Worst case scenario, I will wake up to a pile of goo. If this happens, I will have one expensive but excellent lather for tomorrow's shave.

$Everything_went_better_than_expected.png

Top Bottom