What's new

Can I buy unscented soap and mix in cologne?

For example could I get an unscented soap like Mitchell's, melt it in the microwave and mix in a little Ralph Lauren Polo cologne

Or is this a big no no which will lead to some kind of skin reaction

Just an FYI-if you’re referring to Mitchell Wool Fat, it has a fairly strong soap scent to me. No idea about adding the cologne, but I prob wouldnt try it. May mess up your lather as well as your face. Maybe use essentials oils instead?

For example could I get an unscented soap like Mitchell's, melt it in the microwave and mix in a little Ralph Lauren Polo cologne

I can be done, but depending on quantities and composition of the cologne it can and will change the soap... Mitchell's is tallow based, I will not microwave it as it will burn the tallow.

If it's a tallow soap like MWF grate it and then pour the cologne over it and stir it to mix. Let it sit open until the cologne is absorbed stirring daily. Once absorbed it's ready to use.

Sent from my SM-A705U using Tapatalk

Because it’s a tallow base soap I wouldn’t recommended to melt it. What I would recommend is to poor some of your favorite cologne on it and let it sit there few days in a sealed container. You could also grated the puck and mix it whit your cologne, I think all other kind of base soap except the tallow base you can melt them.

Stirling offers so many scents that they probably have a clone of Ralph Lauren Polo. Unfortunately I don't know which one that would be but I guarantee someone here does. Just something to consider.

Don't melt a tallow soap.

You can grate any kind of soap and add scents to it, but if you add too much of the scent, it may make it harder to lather the soap.

Top Bottom