What's new

Can anyone vouch for these brushes?

I could be wrong here (more than likely with me to be honest) but aren't those Taylor of Old Bond Street Brushes? I say that because the TBS Razor on the same site likes identical to the Taylor Butterfly razor on classicshaving.com I can't vouch for the products personally, but Taylor is a highly respected name in the industry. Also a lot of the time, certain own name brushes are just rebadged versions of other manufacturers products, i.e Em's Place and Mason Pearson brushes are orginally Vulfix, Saville Row's are supposedly Shavemacs and I think C&E brushes are Edwin Jagger brushes.

TBS

Tones Barber Shop

Taylor of Old Bond Street

Coincidence? I think not.:cool:

Actually, I have no idea.:tongue:

S

Sam

I believe they are older brushes that were made by either Rooney or the Old London or Old English Shave Co in South Africa

Sam

mrob said:
TBS

Tones Barber Shop

Taylor of Old Bond Street

Coincidence? I think not.:cool:

Actually, I have no idea.:tongue:

I thought that, but then that prompts another question:
Did they brand themselves to suit the products they intend to sell or, deceptively, are they hoping people will assume their products are Taylor of OBS, when they are not?

Either way, thanks for all the responses - I wish I knew what the brush actually is!

This is not old stock from Taylors. Rooney or anybody else if you choose to look at our website you will see that we sell many Taylors products. We are well known in the U.K. and rank among the top suppliers TBS is an abbreviation for the full trading name displayed on the website which is and always has been Tones Barber Shop.As a company we sell only quality items for the discerning customer we are happy to answer any questions if they are actually directed at us and we hope this resolves your obvious confusion.
In responsse to the purchaser awaiting delivery of a brush if you have orderd a 'super badger' you will receive a 'super badger' of the highest quality made in the U.K. by top manufacturers.

Kind regards from the operational team at
Tones Barber Shop

Thanks for clearing this up--we appreciate when manufacturers are so helpful in providing information regarding their products. And please know that no harm was intended by the above discussion--sometimes our conversations veer off target, then wiser minds (like yours) bring us back on course.

Thanks again for your assistance in clearing up this question.

I've bought from tonesbarbershop a few times and I have no reason to think there's anything to worry about. Until the Gentleman's Shop started selling the Merker Slant Bar TBS was the only retailer in the UK that sold them!

mrob said:
Thanks for clearing this up--we appreciate when manufacturers are so helpful in providing information regarding their products. And please know that no harm was intended by the above discussion--sometimes our conversations veer off target, then wiser minds (like yours) bring us back on course.

Thanks again for your assistance in clearing up this question.
If there is anything we can do to help any of you all you have to do is ask

Jonnybc said:
I've bought from tonesbarbershop a few times and I have no reason to think there's anything to worry about. Until the Gentleman's Shop started selling the Merker Slant Bar TBS was the only retailer in the UK that sold them!

I also have found them to be a very reputable firm. I would have no concerns.

Brian

AJS said:
I could be wrong here (more than likely with me to be honest) but aren't those Taylor of Old Bond Street Brushes? I say that because the TBS Razor on the same site likes identical to the Taylor Butterfly razor on classicshaving.com I can't vouch for the products personally, but Taylor is a highly respected name in the industry. Also a lot of the time, certain own name brushes are just rebadged versions of other manufacturers products, i.e Em's Place and Mason Pearson brushes are orginally Vulfix, Saville Row's are supposedly Shavemacs and I think C&E brushes are Edwin Jagger brushes.
This is not old stock from Taylors. Rooney or anybody else if you choose to look at our website you will see that we sell many Taylors products. We are well known in the U.K. and rank among the top suppliers TBS is an abbreviation for the full trading name displayed on the website which is and always has been Tones Barber Shop.As a company we sell only quality items for the discerning customer we are happy to answer any questions if they are actually directed at us and we hope this resolves your obvious confusion.
In responsse to the purchaser awaiting delivery of a brush if you have orderd a 'super badger' you will receive a 'super badger' of the highest quality made in the U.K. by top manufacturers.

Tones Barber Shop

AJS said:
I could be wrong here (more than likely with me to be honest) but aren't those Taylor of Old Bond Street Brushes? I say that because the TBS Razor on the same site likes identical to the Taylor Butterfly razor.

Question to TonesBarberShop, do you sell a butterfly razor other than the Merkur Vision?

tonesbarbershop.co.uk said:

Tones Barber Shop
Operational team at Tones Barber Shop,

I believe you have made your point. Repeatedly posting the same response verbatim is not necessary.

S

Sam

TBS: I had asked because the style of lettering looks like that on a Rooney brush.

Sam

Top Bottom