What's new

Can anyone understand my grief?

Hello, I'm Christopher and I'm a Wet Shaving addict.

I have to share this with the group as SWMBO probably wouldn't understand. Although I'm a newbie at wet shaving(<two weeks), I have been bitten by the wet shaving bug hard--I can't help but think about it all day long. Unfortunately, my inexperience showed on Wednesday evening. In an attempt to achieve shaving nirvana, I was a bit too impatient and at the end of my shave, my face was left pretty sore and raw. I knew that I should have taken my time and not be so vigorous, but alas, my inexperience got the better of me.

Yester, through a Herculean display of effort, I decided that I needed to let my face heal and (gasp) skip a day. Now, as I wake up this morning, I am filled with an emptiness as I did not shave yesterday. My only consolation is that I know tonight I will have 30 minutes alone with my razor. This time, I promise, I will slow down, and not try to rush achieving BBS, that pinnacle of the shaving experience. I will cherish every moment, regardless of the final outcome.

Thanks for listening, I just had to get that off my chest.

its so great.... here is whats in that little bubble above your cartoon character's head:

"honey, we'll eat dinner together tonight and talk about the nonsense that happend in our days. we'll speak of things that have no real importance becuase my mind is elsewhere. please try to understand that is all the time you are getting. i need my alone time tonight; to pamper myself and that doesn't include listening to your problems at work, how much the fone bill was this month or that your sister's bunyeon has regrown and has to go back for foot surgery. do you understand? me, im more important tonight then anything you have to talk about and that is how its going to be. i intentionally skipped shaving yesterday and spent that time with you and that was our "time together." i hope you focused as i did and enjoyed it. you will know when im ready to be a part of the world again. i will approach you and speak, i will initiate the communication, that is your cue that you may consider me your husband once again. thank you for understanding, honey. i love you too"

yes oh yes. let us know how it went tomarrow morning!!!

~J

I hear you, I'm in the same boat, this morning I was a bit aggressive on my chin, nothing terrible or visible but it's a little "burny"

I typically don't shave on Saturdays but I will actually miss shaving tomorrow which will be strange.

Also ebay is becoming a serious time suck for the first time ever thanks to this hobby....

I dunno... I find that when I miss a shave (which has happened a few times - including yesterday) I just enjoy the next shave so much more... like receiving the enjoyment from 2 shaves during the time it takes to have just one.

NMMB,

Well said..Although it puts my day off to a rocky start by not taking that extra few minutes to shave, the next day's shave I go in to my inner sanctum feeling & looking like a disheveled cave-man and walk out feeling like a new man. It's the epitomy of cleanliness. You just feel alive.

Justso said:
NMMB,

Well said..Although it puts my day off to a rocky start by not taking that extra few minutes to shave, the next day's shave I go in to my inner sanctum feeling & looking like a disheveled cave-man and walk out feeling like a new man. It's the epitomy of cleanliness. You just feel alive.

Exactly... you have to make the best of a less-than-ideal situation... I think that it is a case of "If life hands you lemons, then grab some tequila and salt because lemon-aid is for sissy little girls who don't shave" (that's roughly how the saying goes, right?)

Top Bottom