What's new

Can anyone recommend me a self-standing shaving mirror?

Hi - I'm new to DE shaving, after using an electric razor for many years (I'm now in my late 40s...), see my post in the newbies section. I've usually been shaving in front of a wall-mounted mirror, but that's far from the taps so could do with a self-standing mirror for the window sill, which the sink is mounted in front of. Does anyone have any recommendations? Do I need one that magnifies at all, or is that not necessary? Thanks!

Welcome to the madhouse Oxford_Guy. :001_smile
Does anyone have any recommendations? Do I need one that magnifies at all, or is that not necessary?
I find this one from Asda to be good. It's £4.00, 17.2cm diameter, with a normal mirror on one side and one with 2X zoom on the other. If your eyesight is fine, a normal mirror should be fine (but sometimes a little bit of zoom can be helpful).
upload_2017-8-10_3-27-55.png

Welcome to the madhouse Oxford_Guy. :001_smile

I find this one from Asda to be good. It's £4.00, 17.2cm diameter, with a normal mirror on one side and one with 2X zoom on the other. If your eyesight is fine, a normal mirror should be fine (but sometimes a little bit of zoom can be helpful).
View attachment 811617

My eye sight is pretty poor (short sighted), though okay when wearing glasses. 2x Mag (but probably no more)as an option sounds sensible. I might need one with a higher stand, though, as out window sill is quite low and I don't want to have to stoop, I have a bad back as it is!

How about something old-school like an accordion mirror?

View attachment 811650

Maybe, but not sure that "the management" would be happy with that as a permanent fixture, though we do have a suitable wooden bathroom cabinet at the right height to the side of the sink that I could mount it to. I might just go for a free-standing one to start with, though, then upgrade to this later

Top Bottom