What's new

Can Anyone Lather with Trumper's Eucris?

I use the Eucris puck and Violet puck. Get great lather from both, and I really enjoy the scents.

I have used up my puck of Eucris, and will be replacing it in January.

I still have in my soap cave a couple of pucks of trumpers tallow based rose soap. It's labelled with the first ingredient as 'toilet soap base' weirdly enough. Sublime soap, it's worth the premium it goes for on eBay imo. The trumpers veggie soap that followed the classic tallow version was just as good. Both were rock hard French milled soaps and would last a year of daily latherings. Then came a slew of reformulations, each worse than the previous. Some guys on the forums did some sleuthing and discovered that the factory that made the 3t's hard soaps went out of business. Trumpers and possibly TOBs switched production to a large factory in Glasgow that's owned by the body shop. The results were truly dire and it was speculated that this factory had previously been making hand soaps and simply didn't have the expertise to make a great shave soap. The most depressing thing about the whole thing was trumpers response. They denied there was an issue (though dozens of experienced wetshavers couldn't get a lather out of their product), at various points then went on to blame vegans, EU beaurocrats and loyal vendors for their issues. They lost some long term customers.

I used to be in the absolutely hate it camp but now I really like it. Once you get used to the fact that the lather isn't pretty and concentrate on the fact that it's probably the slickest soap around. They did a slight reformulation that I picked up last year but it's not much different than the previous base from Soapworks.

I don't think most shavers appreciate the lack of a thick foaming lather and I certainly get that since that's my preference too. However, the glide of the razor when you get the soap dialed in is unbeatable and it's the only lather that was so slick that it caused me to drop my brush while using it.

I used to be in the absolutely hate it camp but now I really like it. Once you get used to the fact that the lather isn't pretty and concentrate on the fact that it's probably the slickest soap around. They did a slight reformulation that I picked up last year but it's not much different than the previous base from Soapworks.

I feel the same way about TOBS hard soaps. Its lather isn't nearly as fluffy and pretty as MWF or DR Harris. But it is quite slick and provides a good shave when dialed in correctly.

It's liable to be made by the same folks that produce GFT soaps.

Top Bottom