What's new

Can anyone identify/tell me about this razor?

So I bought this Gillette on eBay, and it's set to arrive on Friday. I have absolutely no idea what it is, and if I did well or bought a wall hanger. What I think I know is there is no date stamp on the bottom, making this an antique. And it's all brass and a 3-piece. Other than that, I'm positively clueless. Considering my last eBay "find" turned out to be a lot of 4 aluminum Techs, which I have now learned are possibly the worst DE razor Gillette ever made, I'm somewhat concerned about what else my newbie self may have wasted money on.

$$_57 (1).jpg$$_57 (2).jpg$$_57.jpg

Link to the auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/191672835250

It's a gold fat handle tech, a great mild razor. Only way it would be any better would be if it had the very first baseplate with the triangular drainage holes

I just got myself that EXACT same razor from the bay too. It's gold as well, late 1940s-1950s razor. I love mine, shaves great and looks very nice too. Enjoy! :thumbup1:

It arrived today, and I'm digging it. The handle and base plate polished up nice, though I'm a little bummed that the top plate has lost almost all of its gold plating. Gonna give it an inaugural shave tonight.

I think a little plate loss looks pretty cool on the gold razor. Mines about the same way. It has some nice luster though. I'm sure you'll enjoy it! I really like the grippy knurling handle on this razor.

Top Bottom