What's new

Can anyone ID this razor?

Hi, New to the group. I recently got a collection of safety & straight razors that belonged to my great grandfather & grandfather. I’m puzzled by one of them...& looking for additional info...including what kind of blade you’d use & how to attach it. Pic is below.
image.jpg

Attachments

• E93B3376-6122-4606-A54F-E6FB2D71F332.jpeg
    E93B3376-6122-4606-A54F-E6FB2D71F332.jpeg
    87.7 KB · Views: 7
I can’t zoom in and read it, but it looks like a Durham Duplex missing the guard and blade.

You have it in hand - what does it say on it?

Looks like one of the Durhams. Maybe not Duplex but likely. You can probably search “ID Durham” and find one of the older threads on them to get your ID, but those marks match some from my pile. I have quite a few that came in lots with other razors I wanted. Yours is missing the comb (several types were made) or the open style clamp. They use disposable blades. As best as I recall many recommended the Personna brand that currently makes a blade that will fit.......but forgive me if I am mistaken and not remembering right. I don’t know much more about them than that. I do recall that there were some older threads on this forum with better info.

17C7155A-17DF-4AF0-900A-1DEB18CB03CF.jpeg

Top Bottom