What's new

Can anyone ID this blurry pic?

Hi there,

I seen this on the bay recently and didn't buy it, in fact the auction ended with no one buying it but it bugged me that I could not identify it even using MR Razors site.

Can anyone ID this razor?

proxy.php

It is clearly a balll end (which doesn't help much) it has what looks like a plastic case but other than that I can't even tell if it is open or closed comb. I did e-mail the seller asking for a better pic but he sent me one that was no better (camera phone).

Thanks.

My bet goes to a standard ball end tech, closed comb. The case might just be a generic "razor travel box". I don't think techs came in a fancy storage case, but I could be wrong.

You can just make out the knurling. Based on that, I don't think it is an aluminum handled tech. My opinion, for what it is worth, is that it is a standard Ball-Tipped Tech.

Thanks for the quick replies guys, much appreciated.

Nothing worth getting too excited about then, I mean it is probably a nice razor but I if it was mint I would have made the effort to get better pictures so assume it is average. Seller wanted £8 ($11) so prob not worth it.

OK keep looking....

Cheers.

Well I took a punt and bought the razor, I exchanged a few e-mails with the seller who turned out to be a Tattoo artist and uses vintage Gillettes for himself and also to shave peoples arms and legs before tattooing. He said he comes across nice vintage models from time to time and promised to give me a shout if he comes across any mint models.

For £5 this was not a bad purchase. A good scrub followed with a Barbicide soak revealed there was a nice razor below the grime. Well not grime as such just a layer that made it a bit duller than it should be. I have good experience with metal and paint finishes and I will be able polish the metal with a very delicate compound that I would normally use to take swirls out of clearcoat on car paint and I am sure that I can make this look as good as new.

Sorry about the liberty I have taken in the first picture by putting a pack of Silver Blues in there but I wanted to see how it looked with blades in the box, I have yet to come across some vintage blades at a reasonable price.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Flipped this shot in Photoshop, there is no date code as this is an English version. Anyone any ideas roughly when this was made?
proxy.php

proxy.php

I will enjoy taking this out for a spin tomorrow morning, I am thinking a Swede seems somehow appropriate as a first blade to try this razor with.

Thaks again for the help earlier.

Hi there,

I seen this on the bay recently and didn't buy it, in fact the auction ended with no one buying it but it bugged me that I could not identify it even using MR Razors site.

Can anyone ID this razor?

proxy.php

It is clearly a balll end (which doesn't help much) it has what looks like a plastic case but other than that I can't even tell if it is open or closed comb. I did e-mail the seller asking for a better pic but he sent me one that was no better (camera phone).

Thanks.

thats not a razor - thats a spoon!

He does indeed. Had a shave with it this morning using a Swede and some Prorarso and got a very nice shave, I had to work a little harder to get a BBS finish but got there in the end and with only a little irritation afterwards. Having read about the Techs I thought I would them too mild but it is a great shaver and would be a good for both beginners and experienced DE shavers alike.

Cheers guys and thank for the link Rocketman.

Yeah well, there isn't really much info there, but it does get you started. If you find out more, post it here!! I would like to know more about the 7 oclock name and the history there if you find any.

:shaving:

Top Bottom