What's new

Can anyone ID these Gillette techs?

Those Techs are not too particular on blades, just use something on the sharper end of the spectrum, as Alum posted. Feather, Perma-Sharp Super, Nacet, BIC Chrome, etc. You can't really go wrong, just avoid the milder blades.
yea tbf i prefer sharper blades so thats a bonus 👍

There were fewer made of the New SC. The SC provides a more rigid blade support than the LC. If you compare them, you will see the New SC has a lot in common with the Tech, only it is using an open comb.
yea i could imagine if its like a tech but open short comb it would be epic

i assume youre a fan of the sc new?

yea i could imagine if its like a tech but open short comb it would be epic

i assume youre a fan of the sc new?
Definitely, I've been using this replated one most of June & July so far. It doesn't look it, bit it's probably at least 80 years old. It shaves very well with no irritation for me. A bit milder than my Fatip OCs.

1657318168649.png

You can see the difference in base plate design between the short comb and long comb in this photo (credit: @Esox). Note the short comb on the left supports the blade almost to the edge, making it more rigid. The blade is also held very precisely at each of the four corners.

1657319280794.png

Last edited:
Definitely, I've been using this replated one most of June & July so far. It's does not look it, bit it's probably at least 80 years old. It shaves very well with no irritation for me. A bit milder than my Fatip OCs.

View attachment 1484896

You can see the difference in base plate design between the short comb and long comb in this photo (credit: @Esox). Note the short comb on the left supports the blade almost to the edge, making it more rigid. The blade is also held very precisely at each of the four corners.

View attachment 1484910
nice, want to try and grab a short comb new now lol

Top Bottom