What's new

Can anyone give me any more info on this brush?

Labelled "Small RV Shaving beehive badger brush.", I just won this brush in a raffle on another forum. Since it appears that the donor wasn't the original purchaser of the brush, there is sone doubt about the details.

20230226_144028.jpg20230226_143959.jpg

The knot measures 18.66mm as it emerges from the handle, so I assume it's an 18mm knot. It feels slightly softer than the 22mm Finest I purchased from Rudy a couple of years ago in the 2020 group buy. The Beehive knot also looks a bit less dense than the Finest. So the difference in softness could be due to differences in the diameter, or the density, or the hair. Any thoughts, guys?

@Rudy Vey would be too obvious Tom @lancre ?

I remember he said that Shavemac discontinued one/some? grades over the years.

:lol: Way too obvious.

Actually, I didn't want to take him away from his current orders just to satisfy my curiosity, so I thought I'd cast a wider net.

Who knows?
1677443852774.png
The original purchaser might have been a B&B'er.

I didn't think about the possibility of discontinued knots, though.

Last edited:

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
@Rudy Vey would be too obvious to ask for details Tom @lancre ? :)

I remember he said that Shavemac discontinued one/some? grades over the years.
Not sure when and for whom I made it...But this knot could be a Silvertip Grade A that I used for a while. TGN sold them, and they were the only decent small 18 mm knots. I have one myself that I used as a ravel brush, before I switched to a 19 mm Muehle STF knot.

Not sure when and for whom I made it...But this knot could be a Silvertip Grade A that I used for a while. TGN sold them, and they were the only decent small 18 mm knots. I have one myself that I used as a ravel brush, before I switched to a 19 mm Muehle STF knot.
Thank you, Rudy. That would jibe with what I felt during this morning's shave. Very soft, not as dense as the 2020 group buy RV/Shavemac Finest or the 2019 RV Manchurian I bought in BST last year. It's a real charmer,

Top Bottom