What's new

Can anyone describe Stirling Barbershop?

"Barbershop" means a lot of things to a lot of people. I think of Pinaud Clubman, but I have smelled more than one "barbershop" described scent and they have little in common.

Can anyone describe Stirling Barbershop? Is it Clubman? Is it Talcum powder? What would you compare Stirling's version to?

It's kind of a baked-goods take on barbershop, whereas I think of most "barbershops" as leaning more towards floral notes. It smells like cookie dough plus talcum powder, maybe with a hint of citrus zest.

It's kind of a baked-goods take on barbershop, whereas I think of most "barbershops" as leaning more towards floral notes. It smells like cookie dough plus talcum powder, maybe with a hint of citrus zest.
Thanks. Maybe I'll steer clear. I love fougere but I really don't like anything gourmand. Chocolate, fruity, cakey--really not for me.

Also, I don't trust the look of that cartoon barber! [emoji2]

Baby powder with a zest of something maybe a little spicy or perhaps faintly citrus.

But baby powder mostly.

I really like it. Shaved with it yesterday.

Kind of powdery vanilla is what I get from it. Not my favorite barbershop scent--I prefer WSP barbershop and Proraso Green.

Kind of powdery vanilla is what I get from it. Not my favorite barbershop scent--I prefer WSP barbershop and Proraso Green.
I just wish they made a genuine clubman soap! The clubman soap is clubman vanilla. I want that Canoe/Hai Karate smell in a great quality soap. The search continues!

The search continues!

Have you tried B&M Seville or Musgo Real Classic?
To me, these two are what I think of when someone says "barbershop scent".

Neither is "sweet" nor "powdery" just nicely balanced, with Seville being more unique of the two.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I get mostly vanilla to my nose
At first i wasn't crazy about it have a standard barbershop expectation but ive grown to like it

It's close, but no.

I think a lot of "Barbershop" scents by artisans are compositions meant to combine the scents of everything you'd smell in a modern day barbershop. The hair care products, the leather seats, the talcum powder, and even the hair on the floor.

I just got some and gave only used it twice. I think it’s fairly nondescript. Smells like a clean shower soap to me. Nothing jumps out at me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom