What's new

can anyone beat $24 for 100 feather blades?

I just ordered 100 blades from Thailand on ebay, the seller seems reputable with good feedback.
Is there any place that sells feather blades for cheaper? even at larger quantity is fine for me if the price is better.

$24 seems pretty good for feather blades, as when I searched for past going rates, it was more like $26~29 depending on which vendor you use.

Well, if $24 is as cheap as it will get, I might as well order some more.
I fell in love with feather at first sight (shave).

Lots like that on Amazon. If your $24 choice doesn't include shipping, a half dozen offers are better.

I just ordered 100 blades from Thailand on ebay, the seller seems reputable with good feedback.
Is there any place that sells feather blades for cheaper? even at larger quantity is fine for me if the price is better.

$24 seems pretty good for feather blades, as when I searched for past going rates, it was more like $26~29 depending on which vendor you use.

Well, if $24 is as cheap as it will get, I might as well order some more.
I fell in love with feather at first sight (shave).

Please let us know if they ship them to you in that long box as pictured.

For just few cents more you can pick them up here, get them in a few days, and know they are backed with good customer service. These are 5 to a tuck rather then 10. Same blade though.

100 FEATHER Hi-Stainless Platinum Double Edge Razor Blades 5's https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0030197GE/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_KmWkvb13Y5R59
wow that's a very nice find. it even offers amazon prime, which I love.

I have only seen 100 feathers on amazon for around $30+, but I guess I didn't scroll down enough to see all the options.

Its $24 with free prime shipping on amazon. Get it in 2 days :)

woot, seems like a good deal considering it has free 2 day shipping (assuming you have prime).
so $24 seems to be pretty much the lowest anyboy has ever seen recently?

I wonder if I should wait for a slightly lower price before stocking up on it.

woot, seems like a good deal considering it has free 2 day shipping (assuming you have prime).
so $24 seems to be pretty much the lowest anyboy has ever seen recently?

I wonder if I should wait for a slightly lower price before stocking up on it.

No reason to wait. In 2006, there was an online vendor who sold them for $25 per 100 and that was the lowest price anyone had. Once they sold out, so did the low prices from others. When you find a keeper, there is no need to wait on a lower price-stock up while you can.

I have been a party of this site long enough to see items disappear( Gillette Swede blades, C&E Sweet Almond Oil Shave Cream, many tallow soaps, etc) that were once plentiful. Now I stock up on what I like. Just recently, the 2011 R41 was tamed and no longer exists except in shave dens. If you can find one in the wild, it definitely has increased in price.

So if you like the Feathers.....

marty

No reason to wait. In 2006, there was an online vendor who sold them for $25 per 100 and that was the lowest price anyone had. Once they sold out, so did the low prices from others. When you find a keeper, there is no need to wait on a lower price-stock up while you can.

I have been a party of this site long enough to see items disappear( Gillette Swede blades, C&E Sweet Almond Oil Shave Cream, many tallow soaps, etc) that were once plentiful. Now I stock up on what I like. Just recently, the 2011 R41 was tamed and no longer exists except in shave dens. If you can find one in the wild, it definitely has increased in price.

So if you like the Feathers.....

marty

Word of wisdom.
Well, so far feather trumps everythng else ive tried so far, but i have some other highly regarded blades waiting to be tried, such as gsb, black and yellow 7oclock, nacet, rubie, kai, med prep, which i read are very comparable to feather.

If feather stays on the throne, i may start stocking up on them. Hopefully price wont jump all of a sudden.

My top 5 (so far) are GSB, Feather, Voskhod, Nacet, and Supermax Diamond Blue Titanium. For me they are all a smooth shave.

Gsb keeps popping up as comparabl3 blade to feather, s i will be trying them out shortly. Voskhod and nacet as well.

I didn't find the GSB to be remotely close to feather, the 7 O'Clock yellows were very close in my experience though. GSB was a nice blade, but I didn't think it was as sharp as the feathers.

I didn't find the GSB to be remotely close to feather, the 7 O'Clock yellows were very close in my experience though. GSB was a nice blade, but I didn't think it was as sharp as the feathers.
I had just the opposite effect with 7 O'clock yellows, my face didn't like them at all. Goes to show how face, technique, and razor make all the difference on what works and what doesn't. Different strokes for different folks. [emoji1]

For a nominal price with or without shipping, it appears about as good as any offer. Personally, I am not such an enthused fan of Feather that I would stock up with 100. I take no more or fewer passes with other blades to get BBS, and I find the others slightly more comfortable. I rotate in the Feathers just for the sake of knowing I used such a reputably sharp blade, then move on back to the others. At that rate, 20 or 50 would supply me for the rest of my life.

Top Bottom