What's new

Camping dilemma.

I am due to go on a camping and fishing trip in a very remote area. A couple of years ago not having a shave for 10 days wouldn't have bothered me in the slightest.:eek::eek:Of course times have changed and I feel a need to pack a Gem and shaving supplies.:rolleyes:Is this normal behavior?

even if i was backpack camping. a shaving kit doesnt take up that much room, and makes you feel really good - especially when you cant get to a shower or anything.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
You could always get a travel kit like I did :biggrin:

even if i was backpack camping. a shaving kit doesnt take up that much room, and makes you feel really good - especially when you cant get to a shower or anything.

I for myself would rather second that.
A dedicated travel kit can be lightweight if kept simple. Yet, it's worth ten times its weight when you get to use it in terms of comfort and luxury; THAT, my friend is priceless.

Besides, the advice came from Dunn, not that I thought you'd value an Aussie point more than other's, but... Well, you get my point!!:wink:
:lol::lol::lol:

C_J

Keep it simple, and lower your standards slightly.

When I travel, I don't expect to get a BBS every day. Anything approaching DFS is a plus, and as long as I get a Close, Comfortable Shave, I'm ahead of the game. My goal is to be presentable, not perfect.

Leave the brush at home and bring along cream, instead. You can lather it up in the palm of your hand using your fingers. Just bring one razor and one, maybe two kinds of blades. A good face scrub and one ASB and you'll be all set. Don't forget a styptic pencil and a mirror, or you can rough it and shave in the rear-view mirror of your car. (I'd rather pack along a small 1x/3x mirror though, they are cheap enough.)

Have fun, and take pictures. Let us know how it turns out.

Keep it simple, and lower your standards slightly.

When I travel, I don't expect to get a BBS every day. Anything approaching DFS is a plus, and as long as I get a Close, Comfortable Shave, I'm ahead of the game. My goal is to be presentable, not perfect.

Leave the brush at home and bring along cream, instead. You can lather it up in the palm of your hand using your fingers. Just bring one razor and one, maybe two kinds of blades. A good face scrub and one ASB and you'll be all set. Don't forget a styptic pencil and a mirror, or you can rough it and shave in the rear-view mirror of your car. (I'd rather pack along a small 1x/3x mirror though, they are cheap enough.)

Have fun, and take pictures. Let us know how it turns out.
Now I'm getting really worried.:eek:I'm getting aroused by the idea of sitting on a desolate surf beach,smelling like a week old Tuna sandwich,razor at the ready.:wink::biggrin:

I know you'll all laugh but when I go playing my squeezebox at folk festivals, I chuck my old, pre-proper shaving philips electric razor in the car! Don't need a mirror, water, bowls etc. Quick and easy if not a good shave! Gets me presentable from a distance!

can't wait to get back home for a proper shave though.

Gareth

:eek::eek:
I know you'll all laugh but when I go playing my squeezebox at folk festivals, I chuck my old, pre-proper shaving philips electric razor in the car! Don't need a mirror, water, bowls etc. Quick and easy if not a good shave! Gets me presentable from a distance!

Gareth
:eek::eek::eek:

+1

However, I look at it like this. If troops in the sand can shave daily, there's no excuse Mr.! :001_tt2::001_tt2:

I shave on mountains covered in snow in the winter, no problem.
I prefer Old Spice for that good burn out in the cold. :tongue:

My setup in the winter:
34HD
Brushless cream
a really fat aftershavebalm
Old Spice

Up here it is black fly and mosquito season.

There is no fiercer burn than the one obtained using a DEET based insect repellent as an aftershave. I skip the shaving when I'm in the woods.

+1

However, I look at it like this. If troops in the sand can shave daily, there's no excuse Mr.! :001_tt2::001_tt2:

When your bed is the dirt, shaving is a lot of trouble, but if you are filthy and tired, there is nothing better for morale. Probably my fondest memory from boot camp was being up on fire picket duty at about 3am. Middle of nowhere Quebec, snow on the ground, all the instructors were "asleep". My buddy had heated some water for food and offered me the rest.
I would absolutely bring shaving stuff, probably not my siver tip badger brush. The essentials, but also, very important, the kit to heat some water-it makes all the difference in the world.

I am due to go on a camping and fishing trip in a very remote area. A couple of years ago not having a shave for 10 days wouldn't have bothered me in the slightest.:eek::eek:Of course times have changed and I feel a need to pack a Gem and shaving supplies.:rolleyes:Is this normal behavior?

go with the flow

I've brought mine backpacking but damn...shaving with glacier cold water is tough! :scared:

So you didn't take a Kelly kettle then to heat the water? :confused:

proxy.php

Gareth

+1.

When I travel, it's always with other people and sharing a bathroom, so I shave every three or four days with my Sensor and brushless cream. Quick, easy, painless. DE can wait until I return home.

Top Bottom