What's new

Camping and shaving

For a shave stick - just melt some VDH (Van Der Hagen) in an old deodorant container - the twist up kind. Cheap, light, and very effective. You could also purchase a 1 ounce container of Kiss My Face shave cream...

Anyways, it sounds as though many of you agree that a "tech" head is the way to go so I will look this up and see if I can't acquire one. Using a foamless cream or a shave stick sounds as though that is the way to go for that. Where can I find a shave stick? Any recommendations on a shave mirror, I can't seem to find any around 4 inch in diameter or smaller?

Speick makes a very nice, and compact, shave stick, complete with a plastic grip on the bottom. You won't come close to using it up on a camping trip, so you might consider lopping off the top half or so.

Others made good recommendations on mirrors. I have two more: either use a signaling mirror or get a nice compass like a Silva Ranger that has a sizable mirror. You're a veteran: think field-expedient! :smile:

Late on this discussion since I don't camp. But, thought I'd throw in that Kiehl's brushless can be used without water. I tried it this AM and it does work pretty well that way. Water is still needed to rinse off, of course, and a full prep is always better. But, definitely an acceptable deal. That'll save you a brush and having to get hot water, at least.

Top Bottom