What's new

Camera clip for backpack

I have been looking a getting a clip system for the strap on my backpack that the camera would attach to. We are doing several weeks of hiking in Europe this year and I know I don’t want my camera hanging around my neck the whole time. Do any of you have experience with the Peak Design Capture clip or something similar? I have an OLD Canon Rebel XS and the biggest lens I would have on it would be 55-250mm so total weight would be 2 lbs. Any and all insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Jack

Blackrapid, maker of popular camera harness, makes a sling something that attaches to backpack, here.

Several weeks hiking Europe, eh?
Sounds Super! Have great time!
Just stay clear of Ukraine for time being!

Blackrapid, maker of popular camera harness, makes a sling something that attaches to backpack, here.

Several weeks hiking Europe, eh?
Sounds Super! Have great time!
Just stay clear of Ukraine for time being!
Thanks. I will check out the Black Rapid. Week in England on the Cornish coast in June and then a week in Algarve Portugal in mid October.

I bought the Capture Clip today and now have it attached to my backpack. Seems like it will work exactly how I was hoping. Heading out tomorrow for a long walk to test drive it. Thanks again for your input.

I bought the Capture Clip today and now have it attached to my backpack. Seems like it will work exactly how I was hoping. Heading out tomorrow for a long walk to test drive it. Thanks again for your input.

that looks cool! let us know how it works in the wild!!

No chance to test drive the Capture clip yet!!
59E8DE73-9873-4F17-992A-A765C2B708DB.jpeg
April showers” in Alberta means snow and we have had a few days of that now. Maybe on weekend.

Late to the party but I’ve had the capture clip by peak design for years. Works great on any camera I’ve used it with, also handy when using the base on a tripod.

Late to the party but I’ve had the capture clip by peak design for years. Works great on any camera I’ve used it with, also handy when using the base on a tripod.
Thanks Basil. Most everything I hear about this accessory is good. Couple of small test drives and I am liking it so far. I will have to pick up the PD camera base plate that will work with Capture clip and my Manfrotto tripod. Tripod needs the RC 2 type.

Top Bottom