What's new

Calvin

I have a .25 oz mini bottle waiting for me at home in my mailbox.. I'm kind of excited, this was my first "Designer" cologne back when I was in college. (I also had Drakkar but I can't remember which one I had first). I haven't smelled it since that bottle ran out a little over 20 years ago and it was discontinued by the time I tried to buy another. I know this mini bottle is from a later 90's re-release, but I still hope this retains some of what I loved about it at the time (though I can't tell you what it smelled like, as I said, it's been a few decades!). I'll have a report shortly..

The scent did bring back a few memories, and I do remember it now after an evening of wearing it on my forearm. However, it's not exactly the blast from the past I was expecting. If it was still available though, I would definitely buy it. I recently acquired a bottle of Halston Z-14 and the two are in the same ballpark, with the Calvin being toned down on the cinnamon notes, but stronger on the soapy side (Chamomile?). Calvin is a cleaner scent but still has a classic vibe you don't see these days with many modern formulas. I'm glad I picked up this little sampler, and will consider grabbing a few more while they're still around. I've heard Azzaro Pour Homme is also in this ballpark and am looking forward to trying that as well. Apparently, I'm a huge fan of the Bergamot/Citrus top note.

I stopped by Saks Fifth Ave and checked out a fragrance that's supposed to be close to Calvin, Bond No 9's Cooper Square. Yes, yes it is a dead ringer to my nose. If it was under $100 it would be on my shelf now, but it's a pricey one. I may be able to snag one on eBay, but I have to run it past the gf first ;)

I love it too. I got mine from notino. It's 101 and 109 for 3.4oz. right now with free shipping. Great reputable site.
Some googling should find a coupon code too

Top Bottom