SOTD-FS-Y_2020-09-20.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Omega 10086 16/47 Bigger Bambino
Soap: Fine L'Orange Noir
Razor: Fine Aluminum Slant
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (6)
ASL: Fine Snake Bite

A very nice shave! :cornut:

I went full on with the Snake Bite (second use) today, in contrast to yesterday's sparing application. Very nice.
It was cool to start with building slowly up to a great burn :bayrum2: then turning to icy cold :velva2: . This time it was 15 minutes before the coldness died off and the menthol completely killed any residual scent from L'Orange Noir soap.

Hey Thom @thombrogan, I know you're a Snake Bite user. Is my experience above what you would expect? I'm asking because I've never tried/used anything like this before.

I took my black Bigger Bambino out of retirement today. I'd forgotten how good this baby is. It's another lather monster (I had way too much left over).

Happy shaves all y'all. :biggrin:

SOTD
SOTD-FS-K_2020-09-21.jpg

Brush: Omega 10086 16/47 Bigger Bambino
Blade: Gillette Blue (1)

Super! :cornut:

On my third Snake Bite session I'm really enjoying the burn and freeze finale to the shave. Once upon a time I thought that was a really stupid idea. :crazy: :lol1:

SOTD
SOTD-FS-G_2020-09-23.jpg

Brush: Simpson Duke D1-Pure
Blade: Gillette Blue (3)

A nice shave! :biggrin:

EXCEPT... I cut myself! It seems like forever since I even got one of those tiny red dots that just disappear, but a CUT?! It was an accidental (i.e. not intentional) side swipe just at the point of my chin, and I certainly felt it. Of course side swipes are not to be recommended with any razor, and particularly not with a torqued slant.

It looks like my SWB got grubby without me noticing it. It's in the wash now.

There's usually a reason for everything, so I guess it was just a reminder that relaxing is fine but letting one's awareness drop isn't.

Happy shaves guys! :001_smile

SOTD
View attachment 1159148 :001_wub:

EXCEPT... I cut myself! It seems like forever since I even got one of those tiny red dots that just disappear, but a CUT?! It was an accidental (i.e. not intentional) side swipe just at the point of my chin, and I certainly felt it. Of course side swipes are not to be recommended with any razor, and particularly not with a torqued slant.

There's usually a reason for everything, so I guess it was just a reminder that relaxing is fine but letting one's awareness drop isn't.

<Life . . .>
<The Universe . . .>
<Interesting how everyth> Ouch!
Back to Reality

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
SOTD
View attachment 1159148 :001_wub:

With familiar kit, I'm the same, it's extremely rare for me to spring a leak, even with the neurological issues. On the rare times I do see a speck of red, it's usually a straight or shavette. I'm not even close to "autopilot" efficient with those, and I think i lose feel with holding the razor so far from the cutting action. Either that, or I'm trying a new soap, got it too thick, and hit a speed bump (emerging spot, or similar). My neck can be quite prone to those tiny specs, if I can't get the lather how I like it.

I vaguely remember having a bad run back in January or February, and had some kinds of nick or weeper about three times for some reason. Can't remember why.

It never hurts to have a reminder to pay attention once in a while though :biggrin1:

<Life . . .>
<The Universe . . .>
<Interesting how everyth> Ouch!
Back to Reality
I was thinking, "Kryten's mug would be easy to shave!"
I was thinking further, "As a robot, Kryten wouldn't have to shave."
I was thinking even further, "Poor Kryten, he probably even has an attachment for shaving others!"

Top Bottom