SOTD-Y-Y_2021-04-09.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Semogue Torga-C3 Finest Mistura 22/49
Cream: LEA Mentholated
Razor: Yuma YM-403
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (6)
ASL: Cool Lemon (home brew)

A fabulous shave... and so refreshing. This team is something else! :biggrin:
Thanks to Rave @Raven Koenes for the LEA Mentholated cream subliminal enablement. Yo' da man Rave. :punk:

Having spent all that cash on the magical YUMA with reckless abandon ($9.80 shipped)... it's now my Number One favorite razor. There was obviously good reason for me always wanting one (which I didn't realize till receiving and shaving with it).

Jim @Chan Eil Whiskers already knows I thank him for enabling me to get the best brush in my collection (the Mistura).

My old favorite Personna Red blade has good reason to be my favorite.

Last, but not least in the line up, is my (home brewed) Cool Lemon ASL. Apart from Alcohol, Water, and Menthol, its only other ingredient is Lemon Essential Oil. This shave compatibility was great, but I think I might make a minty one just to go with the LEA shaving cream.

HELP! Am I going to become a minimalist again? :scared:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

SOTD
View attachment 1249129 :001_wub:

Thanks to Rave @Raven Koenes for the LEA Mentholated cream subliminal enablement. Yo' da man Rave. :punk:

Having spent all that cash on the magical YUMA with reckless abandon ($9.80 shipped)... it's now my Number One favorite razor. There was obviously good reason for me always wanting one (which I didn't realize till receiving and shaving with it).

Jim @Chan Eil Whiskers already knows I thank him for enabling me to get the best brush in my collection (the Mistura).

Last, but not least in the line up, is my (home brewed) Cool Lemon ASL. Apart from Alcohol, Water, and Menthol, its only other ingredient is Lemon Essential Oil. This shave compatibility was great, but I think I might make a minty one just to go with the LEA shaving cream.

Interesting razor Cal. Knowing you, I'm guessing its pretty lightweight.
Is it aluminium, and, guessing again, made in Turkey?
Had a hunt around, couldn't find that many of them, all were in Turkey.

As for the Mistura, my finger has been hovering over the buy it now button on Amazon for weeks. I vowed never to buy another animal hair brush and make do with synthetics. But with all you enablers gushing about this brush, it makes me feel like I'm seriously missing out on something I shouldn't be.

This place is just so bad for my wallet, and sanity. :letterk1:

Interesting razor Cal. Knowing you, I'm guessing its pretty lightweight.
Is it aluminium, and, guessing again, made in Turkey?
Had a hunt around, couldn't find that many of them, all were in Turkey.
:laugh: Indeed Doug. The razor weighs 26.5g loaded. It's some sort of zinc alloy (read cheap), and yes, it's made in Turkey.
As for the Mistura, my finger has been hovering over the buy it now button on Amazon for weeks. I vowed never to buy another animal hair brush and make do with synthetics. But with all you enablers gushing about this brush, it makes me feel like I'm seriously missing out on something I shouldn't be.
You obviously know that you NEED that brush. :yesnod: :wink2:
This place is just so bad for my wallet, and sanity. :letterk1:
:devil: Wallets are nice... but what's sanity? :001_unsur

:laugh: Indeed Doug. The razor weighs 26.5g loaded. It's some sort of zinc alloy (read cheap), and yes, it's made in Turkey.
I'll keep my eyes open for one. Not sure if I'll get along with a razor as light as that. But, can't hurt to try.

You obviously know that you NEED that brush. :yesnod: :wink2:
As I don't have a butterscotch handle anything. Couldn't resist.
Ordered directly from the Portuguese Factory. They answered an Email enquiry I sent almost instantly! Impressive.
but what's sanity? :001_unsur
Something my wife keeps telling me I'm supposed to have. No clue what's she's talking about though. :rolleyes:

I'll keep my eyes open for one. Not sure if I'll get along with a razor as light as that. But, can't hurt to try.
I got mine HERE.
As I don't have a butterscotch handle anything. Couldn't resist.
Ordered directly from the Portuguese Factory. They answered an Email enquiry I sent almost instantly! Impressive.
:devil: I know the feeling.
Something my wife keeps telling me I'm supposed to have. No clue what's she's talking about though. :rolleyes:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD
View attachment 1249129 :001_wub:

I'm liking LEA Menthol a whole lot. I'm quite happy to be an enabler and putting that to good use. :punk:

Amazing that you like that razor enough to elevate it so highly.

View attachment 1249605

The rest of us have no idea how to acquire such a razor.

Happy shaves,

Jim
Just ordered one from the link Cal gave. It's probably the cheapest razor I've ever purchased.
I suspect it will be a lot lighter than I'm comfortable with though. If that's the case then I'll send it off to anyone who want to try it.

It's probably the cheapest razor I've ever purchased.
:laugh: It would be a lot cheaper if you lived in Turkey.

I believe the $9.80 cost is broken down to approximately $9.50 shipping and 30¢ razor. I've just ordered another two because (although I'm not heavy handed) I get the feeling the threads might not last that long.

The Postie delivered another shaving item today. :001_rolle :laugh:

An Omega 599 Super Badger:
Omega-599-Super-Badger-22-48_2021-04-10.jpg

I was impressed by the presentation box. (Obviously the higher hair grades get bigger and better boxes.)

I gave it my standard "shaving brush prep."

Here it is, ready for action, beside my beloved Semogue Mistura:
Omega-599+Semogue-Mistura_2021-04-10.jpg

Although slightly different shapes, the knots have the same base diameter and the 599's loft is 1mm shorter than the Semogue's.

The 599's knot and loft size are the same as the "super scritchy" Mixed Midget; their handles are the same too. After handling and shaving with the 599, I'd say that Omega's "Super Badger" is probably their equivalent to Shavemac's "Silvertip."

NOTE
All of Omega's badger brushes are labelled "Puro Tasso" (Pure Badger) whether they are Black Badger, Super Badger, or Silvertip Badger (in Omega's reference terms).

SOTD
SOTD-Y-K_2021-04-10.jpg

Brush: Omega 599 Super Badger 22/48
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (7)

Another excellent shave. :biggrin:

Although the 599 is very nice it's a little too soft and lacking in backbone for my taste. That apart, everything was hunky-dory. Of course I'll give it at least several more shaves, as judging it on a single shave is somewhat harsh.

SOTD
SOTD-Y-R_2021-04-12.jpg

Soap: Rasozero Agrumella
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (9)
ASL: Rasozero Agrumella (with added menthol)

An excellent shave in every way. :biggrin:

What a superb team (even the soft brush!).

I've tried a few TFS soaps now. Today, back where I started with their (budget) Rasozero Agrumella... it's fighting hard with Mandarino Tachibana for top place favorite.

Being the Kroap Kid, my very nice LEA Mentholated Shaving Cream got squeezed into a jar and is now drying out in a cupboard with the lid off. I'm looking forward to trying it out when the transformation is complete. (My new softy Omega 599 preferred gently loading croap today, rather than having a dollop of cream dumped on its head.)

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
SOTD
View attachment 1250544 :001_wub:

Soap: Rasozero Agrumella
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (9)
ASL: Rasozero Agrumella (with added menthol)

An excellent shave in every way. :biggrin:

What a superb team (even the soft brush!).

I've tried a few TFS soaps now. Today, back where I started with their (budget) Rasozero Agrumella... it's fighting hard with Mandarino Tachibana for top place favorite.

Being the Kroap Kid, my very nice LEA Mentholated Shaving Cream got squeezed into a jar and is now drying out in a cupboard with the lid off. I'm looking forward to trying it out when the transformation is complete. (My new softy Omega 599 preferred gently loading croap today, rather than having a dollop of cream dumped on its head.)

That handle looks a lot like the handle of the Mixed Midget. Is it?

Omega 599 left, Omega 11047 right:
View attachment 1250815
Yep, exactly the same material and dimensions. The 11047 (Mixed Midget) being labelled "Tasso & Setola" rather than the "Puro Tasso" of the 599. (I removed the printing/label from my Mixed Midget.)
maggardrazors
11047 knot: 22
599 knot: 18

westcoastshaving
11047 knot: 20

italianbarber

Different sales platforms provide different data.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I have noticed that even the description of the knot size and loft on Maggards website and the additional information panels don't always agree. Measure and use.

"A Simpson brush will always be smaller than you expect it to be."

maggardrazors
11047 knot: 22

westcoastshaving

italianbarber

Different sales platforms provide different data.
The best source for knot dimensions is the manufacturer. Omega don't supply knot dimensions.

I always measure my knots (with one of my calipers). In most cases, where the manufacturer's knot dimensions are given, the knot at the handle top measures ~2mm more.

I've had three 11047s and one 599. All of them measured 22mm at the handle top and 48mm loft.

Top Bottom