What's new

Cal's "I don't do journals" Journal

Fixed Four SOTD #8

FF_2020-08-04.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac Olive Wood 20/44 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: Vitos Red
Razor: 2020 SS Gillette Tech with custom olive wood handle
Blade: Super Stainless Gillette Blue Blade (9)
ASL: Proraso Red

And yet another great shave! :cornut:

Fixed Four SOTD #9

FF-K_2020-08-08.jpg

Blade: Super Stainless Gillette Blue Blade (10)

Maybe only by small increments, but the shaves are definitely getting (even) better! :cornut:

A few months ago I wouldn't have believed I could get anything close to a great shave with a Gillette Tech, and certainly not four days worth of heavy growth. Fab! :w00t:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Fixed Four SOTD #7

View attachment 1134040 :001_wub:

Blade: Super Stainless Gillette Blue Blade (8)

Another great shave! :cornut:

I'm loving this razor* and blade better all the time. Obviously I don't have to mention the brush and the soap; they've been the tops for a good while now.

* For some reason I'm not really too sure about, I put my name on the Wolfman waiting list a couple of weeks ago. :letterk1:
Talk about shifting gears, going from a Chinese Gillette Tech to a Wolfman, wow lol! Then, I can go from VDH and Arko to SV and MdC in a weeks time without blinking an eye. Who am I to judge? :001_smile It's good to see you are up to stuff and things. :letterk1:

Last edited:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Talk about shifting gears, going from a Chinese Gillette Tech to a Wolfman, wow lol! Then, I can go from VDH and Arko to SV and MdC in a weeks time without blinking an eye. Who am I to judge? :001_smile It's good to see you are up to stuff and things. :letterk1:

A waiting list is not money spent, right? It might be *a thinking about it* list!

Happy shaves,

Jim

Fixed Four SOTD #11

FF-K_2020-08-12.jpg

Blade: Super Stainless Gillette Blue Blade (12)

A very nice shave. :cornut:

I should really get back to daily shaving. The trouble is, I'm such an idle git. :001_rolle

The best laid schemes o' mice an' men gang aft agley. ~Robert Burns

Unfixed Five SOTD #1

SOTD-K_2020-08-16.jpg

Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale with custom olive wood handle
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (1)

An excellent shave. :cornut:

Well, I managed 11 shaves (and 29 days!) of fixed four. As much as I was enjoying the new Gillette Tech, I was pining for Lo Storto.
This may have something to do with all the Lo Storto Originale love going on around here lately. :001_rolle

At least I'm happy that I can easily get great shaves with the Gillette Tech now, so that's one mission accomplished.

My Olive Wood custom razor handle is definitely my all time favorite. The Lo Storto handle is the best metal handle I own (IMO) but my olive wood baby just pips it to the post by a narrow margin.

SUMMARY
The above "five" are my current "all time favorites." I wonder how long I'll stick with them? I guess being happy with the ones you love along with the constant urge for adventure is all part of our ongoing training in cognitive dissonance. :letterk1:

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
The above "five" are my current "all time favorites." I wonder how long I'll stick with them? I guess being happy with the ones you love along with the constant urge for adventure is all part of our ongoing training in cognitive dissonance. :letterk1:

No conflict there, from what I can see. Just because something is a favourite, doesn't mean you want it all the time. Favourite food, place to be, song/piece of music, are all lessened by over exposure to them. That's why I need to keep taking a break from the Mitchell's, Jagger, Kent etc. I could use them indefinitely, but enjoy them even more when coming back to them after using something else.

No conflict there, from what I can see. Just because something is a favourite, doesn't mean you want it all the time. Favourite food, place to be, song/piece of music, are all lessened by over exposure to them. That's why I need to keep taking a break from the Mitchell's, Jagger, Kent etc. I could use them indefinitely, but enjoy them even more when coming back to them after using something else.

Well said. :001_smile

SOTD
SOTD-G_2020-08-17.jpg

Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (2)

Another excellent shave courtesy of my superb kit. :cornut:

I've finally decided that Lo Storto Originale is the best DE Razor on the planet. Fatip have got the "twist" just right, and that along with their "best-on-the-planet-bar-none" OC tooth design make it a true winner.

Hey Rave (@Raven Koenes B&B's Fatip Ambassador), what about arranging a precision made stainless steel model? I know you can do it! You got them to make the slant after all. I for one would gladly pay ten times the regular price for that. :yesnod:

DISCLAIMER
Obviously all the opinions above are mine. YMMV :001_tt2:

Last edited:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD
View attachment 1141382 :001_wub:

Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (2)

Another excellent shave courtesy of my superb kit. :cornut:

I've finally decided that Lo Storto Originale is the best DE Razor on the planet. Fatip have got the "twist" just right, and that along with their "best-on-the-planet-bar-none" OC tooth design make it a true winner.

Hey Rave (@Raven Koenes B&B's Fatip Ambassador), what about arranging a precision made stainless steel model? I know you can do it! You got them to make the slant after all. I for one would gladly pay ten times the regular price for that. :yesnod:

DISCLAIMER
Obviously all the opinions above are mine. YMMV :001_tt2:
How about a nice Stainless Steel Lo Storto with BOSC engraved on the cap, and it will tuck us all into bed with the same diligence and care Big Nurse takes while tightening the straps? :001_tongu

SOTD

SOTD-R_2020-08-20.jpg

Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (4)

These shaves sometimes seem too good to be true (but I can live with that). :cornut:

SOTD

SOTD-B_2020-08-22.jpg

Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (5)

Another great shave. :cornut:

I have that comfortable "minimalist" feeling at the moment, but I'm probably too fickle for it to last. :letterk1:

Top Bottom