SOTD

SOTD-OS-FS-VR-R_2020-05-22.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac Olive Wood 20/44 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: Vitos Red
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale with custom olive wood handle
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super (4)
ASL: Proraso Red

My love for these olive wood handles grows by the shave. The grip on them is incredible, and so nice.

Another great shave with the fab Fatip. All is well in my shaving world. :cornut:

Are the alignment pins causing any anxiety Cal?
No, Wes. I have several Fatips. The problem locating pin on my first Lo Storto was at a somewhat questionable angle to start with. I'd seen nothing like that with my others... but as it worked OK, and me being aware of Fatip's idiosyncratic QC, it didn't bother me — till it broke off.

No, Wes. I have several Fatips. The problem locating pin on my first Lo Storto was at a somewhat questionable angle to start with. I'd seen nothing like that with my others... but as it worked OK, and me being aware of Fatip's idiosyncratic QC, it didn't bother me — till it broke off.

That's good to hear. Every time I clean my Gentile with a toothbrush I'm extra careful with the top cap since reading about your mishap but it seems like it was a one off. For the record, the locating pins are perfectly straight on my razor, so it looks like I've nothing to worry about.

That's good to hear. Every time I clean my Gentile with a toothbrush I'm extra careful with the top cap since reading about your mishap but it seems like it was a one off.
Yep. In general they're built like tanks. Just clean normally; no need for any EXTRA care (IMO).

SOTD

SOTD-OS-FS-VR-K_2020-05-25.jpg

Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super (5)

I love this kit. :cornut:

Am I right in thinking you've got two main kits, Cal? This one, and the Gamechanger with matching lather basher, with Proraso Red?
The olive wood set and Fatip Lo Storto along with Vitos Red soap is (currently) my main kit*, Al.

* Till I change my mind. :letterk1:

Talking about "minds" (one of those things I appear to be out of), I've just purchased a few Czech Tiger and Tatra blades to trial. I know they are the same blade with the different names laser etched onto them... but there are so many reports of them "feeling different" that I had to splash out (10 blades of each). :facep:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
The olive wood set and Fatip Lo Storto along with Vitos Red soap is (currently) my main kit*, Al.

* Till I change my mind. :letterk1:

Talking about "minds" (one of those things I appear to be out of), I've just purchased a few Czech Tiger and Tatra blades to trial. I know they are the same blade with the different names laser etched onto them... but there are so many reports of them "feeling different" that I had to splash out (10 blades of each). :facep:

1590423072741.png

Big Nurse calls 'em wards.

• Haha
Reactions: Cal
SOTD

SOTD-OS-FS-VR-G_2020-05-27.jpg

Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super (6)

Fab! :cornut:

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Better indeed! I love my GC84, it's a great razor... but it doesn't hold a candle to the Lo Storto Originale.

Another bold statement extolling the slant. There are many such statements, so many in fact, that I may start making my own if they ever bring out a gold version!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Mike @Esox, you need one. Joel and Rave and I know where to buy 'em (as of a couple of days ago). Not gold colored, but you'll think it's solid gold in a few shaves (like one).

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom