SOTD

SOTD-G_2020-04-02.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac 22/47 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: Vitos 'Red'
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super (2)
ASL: Proraso Red

WOW! What a shave. So close. After so long with my RazoRock GC84 I'd kinda forgotten what really efficient DE razors were all about. Mind you, I should probably have kept using my previous blade as my new Wizamet may well be adding to Lo Storto's efficiency.

:bayrum2: In a masochistic sort of way, I suppose it's fortunate for me that I actually enjoy ASL burn, which I haven't experienced for quite some while.

The Vitos 'Red' soap is as nice as I've always found it to be, but after so long with Proraso Red... that's something else I have to dial in (again).

So it's looking like another steepish learning curve ahead for the near future... and in true B&B fashion I've (again) thrown the 'M' in my signature to the wind. :letterk1: :laugh:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
:nonod: I could NEVER believe that Rave. You've got to be kidding, right? :001_unsur
Thank you Cal for a reasoned assessment. I feel much better now. I've heard rumors that some might think I'm obsessive about them. It almost threw me into self doubt. :facep:That would be crazy, right? :letterk1:

Last edited:
SOTD

SOTD-R_2020-04-03.jpg

Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super (3)
Another great shave (Lo Storto #3). I still have a way to go 'cuz :bayrum2:. One thing I didn't mention before was that I love the handle with the twisted fluting, far superior to the standard Grande vertical fluting IMO.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
SOTD

View attachment 1082355 :001_wub:

Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super (3)
Another great shave (Lo Storto #3). I still have a way to go 'cuz :bayrum2:. One thing I didn't mention before was that I love the handle with the twisted fluting, far superior to the standard Grande vertical fluting IMO.

You have the best shaving soap container labels and such, Cal. Amazing.

Reactions: Cal
SOTD

SOTD-B_2020-04-05.jpg

Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super (4)

Another great shave (Lo Storto #4). :cornut:

I haven't made my mind up yet, but this baby is scaling the podium to reach the Fatip Number One spot. :letterk1:

SOTD

SOTD-K_2020-04-07.jpg

Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super (5)

Another great shave (Lo Storto #5). :cornut:

Progress is slow but sure. Back to "normal," no ASL burn today. :biggrin:
Of course, I'm enjoying all the other hardware and software too. Only the best for me. :a2:

SOTD

SOTD-W_2020-04-08.jpg

Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super (6)

Another great shave (Lo Storto #6). :cornut:

And just when things were going so well... after rinsing and dismantling I patted the new baby dry AND:

Broken-1_2020-04-08.jpg

That locating pin has always been at a slight angle. I now see why. The angle didn't bother me as Fatip's QC is still questionable at the best of times; but their razors are usually built like tanks.

I've emailed Connaught.

Six shaves into a Fixed Four... shucks. An identical back-up razor is something I definitely hadn't considered.

Last edited:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
SOTD

View attachment 1084377 :001_wub:

Another great shave (Lo Storto #). :cornut:

And just when things were going so well... after rinsing and dismantling I patted the new baby dry AND:

View attachment 1084380

That locating pin has always been at a slight angle. I now see why. The angle didn't bother me as Fatip's QC is still questionable at the best of times; but their razors are usually built like tanks.

I've emailed Connaught.

Six shaves into a Fixed Four... shucks. An identical back-up razor is something I definitely hadn't considered.

Oh, bummer, Cal.

1586390463112.png

Idea: Don't shave until Connaught sends you another one.

Problem: They probably don't have any. Another bummer?

Happy shaves,

Jim

Reactions: Cal

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
SOTD

View attachment 1084377 :001_wub:

Another great shave (Lo Storto #6). :cornut:

View attachment 1084380

I've emailed Connaught.

My first Schöne had that happen after one shave. :letterk2:
The back-up is fine.

Top Bottom