What's new

Cal's "I don't do journals" Journal

Welcome back, Cal!

Really great to read a post from you again. How have the electric / excel shaves been? I didn't know you could still get those blades.

Reactions: Cal
Thank you Kit. :biggrin:

The electric and Sensor Excel shaves were adequate and fast... but I started to miss the "luxury" bit. :letterk1:

Congratulations on your "promotion." I can't imagine where you find the time! :blink:
The answer is I don't. I am very bad at it and expect to be let go at any moment but in the meantime will approach the task with my usual clumsy enthusiasm.

I have been assigned to the safety razor forum, which means I am spending more weekday shaves with a safety razor to keep me up to speed.

Time is an issue. My own answer is to drop my shaving standards to "good enough for work" on most days. This means a one pass shave, no prep and a shower afterwards with one of my two preferred razors - the Muhle Rocca or the ATT M2. This still gives me time to chat on the forums and fit in some honing every day. The shaves don't blow me away but they are as quick as an electric shave and get me through enough of the day that I don't look like a tramp.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
What a great way to start the week...

1581340006709.png

Welcome back, Cal! I'm not a bit surprised to see you back, but very very happy you've returned.

1581340275258.png

Lovely kit, too. All that red!

Happy shaves,

Jim

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Welcome back Cal! You were missed by all! That sure is a red line up. I love the bunny reflection in your GC84 cap (of course). :001_smile This is an awesome day! I heard Big Nurse has been looking for you. :letterk1:

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Our fearless leader has returned from the abyss and is seeing RED!

It's great to see you back Cal but I noticed a problem right away, which explains Raves sniffling.

Razor: RazoRock GC84 with custom Shavemac handle

I know you've been away a while and we can get over some slight memory loss, but Cal, that is not a Fatip!

get.mind.right.jpg

We'll bear with you in the interim lol.

Our fearless leader has returned from the abyss and is seeing RED!

It's great to see you back Cal...
Thank you Mike. :biggrin:
... but I noticed a problem right away, which explains Raves sniffling.

I know you've been away a while and we can get over some slight memory loss, but Cal, that is not a Fatip!
I spent some of the incredible amount of free time I had (during my sabbatical from B&B) playing around with my favorites to discover what I would enjoy as the Finally Fixed Five. So no need to confuse me with facts, I've made up my mind.
get.mind.right.jpg

But... "getting my mind right?" How unBOSC, no way my friend. :hand:
We'll bear with you in the interim lol.
Haven't you always? :lol: And don't think I'm not grateful for it. :letterk1:

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
A "Finally Fixed Five"? You mean there is an end to it all?

I had thought I'd found similar, but then I discovered that with BOSCness comes boredom. My boredom comes a lot quicker than yours it seems, but either way, time tells no lies and we shall see... :)

My boredom comes a lot quicker than yours it seems, but either way, time tells no lies and we shall see... :)
Indeed we will. But I have a small confession to make. :blushing:

I've just ordered a tub of the NEW Super Formula Proraso Red Shaving Soap:
ProrasoRedSoapNEW.jpg

Top Bottom