What's new

Cal's "I don't do journals" Journal

The formulation of ASLs somehow seems to affect how much comes out of the bottle. Chanel seem very wet and I always, always get either too much or too little out. Floris aftershaves seem slightly oily in comparison and it's much easier to dump just the right amount out by onto your hand. Consequently, Floris ASLs seem to last me 3-5 times longer that Chanel. The Floris ends up being much better value for money.
I've started putting all my ASLs in 50ml Plastic Squeezable Dropper Bottles. I find the best range is from one to four squirts (with two to three squirts hitting the sweet spots for most ASLs). I simply test to find how much I like best then remember that (number of squirts) for any particular ASL. Very handy.

The ones I got came complete with the mini funnel for decanting.
upload_2019-2-3_3-10-1.png

SOTD: A leap even further backwards :001_huh:

Brush: none
Soap: none
Razor: Braun 190s
ASL: none
upload_2019-2-3_3-18-0.png

This is just me revisiting past experiences. Prior to joining B&B my MO was electric shave on weekdays and Gillette Sensor Excel cartridge shave on Saturday and Sunday.

As expected the result was an SAS. Due to my whiskers growing nearly parallel to my skin they show through quite vividly. So it's only me (and anyone touching my face) that can tell the difference between an SAS and a BBS shave, whereas to anyone looking they would just appear the same. Of course, after serving my time at B&B, an SAS doesn't seem quite right.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.

View attachment 949086

This is just me revisiting past experiences. Prior to joining B&B my MO was electric shave on weekdays and Gillette Sensor Excel cartridge shave on Saturday and Sunday.

As expected the result was an SAS. Due to my whiskers growing nearly parallel to my skin they show through quite vividly. So it's only me (and anyone touching my face) that can tell the difference between an SAS and a BBS shave, whereas to anyone looking they would just appear the same. Of course, after serving my time at B&B, an SAS doesn't seem quite right.

upload_2019-2-2_23-4-55.png

I've started putting all my ASLs in 50ml Plastic Squeezable Dropper Bottles. I find the best range is from one to four squirts (with two to three squirts hitting the sweet spots for most ASLs). I simply test to find how much I like best then remember that (number of squirts) for any particular ASL. Very handy.

View attachment 949083

Genius. They would be great for traveling. Where do you get them from?

View attachment 949083

I use these for my ASL's

ASLbottles.JPG

Keep them all in the bathroom, don't take up much space. :1eye:

Then I can play

eenymeeny.png

Every shave.:ciappa:

SOTD: Another leap backwards :001_huh:

Soap: Neways™ Close Shaving Gel
Razor: Gillette Sensor Excel
Blade: Gillette Sensor Excel twin blade cartridge (6)
ASL: Reuzel
upload_2019-2-3_23-43-56.png

That was another (short lived) BBS shave, but a little closer than the previous one. :001_smile

The answer to closer shaves definitely appears to be MORE PRESSURE. :letterk1: :laugh:

I'm really enjoying the Reuzel ASL (especially now that I can control how much I dispense).

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: Another leap backwards :001_huh:

Soap: Neways™ Close Shaving Gel
Razor: Gillette Sensor Excel
Blade: Gillette Sensor Excel twin blade cartridge (6)
ASL: Reuzel
View attachment 949258

That was another (short lived) BBS shave, but a little closer than the previous one. :001_smile

The answer to closer shaves definitely appears to be MORE PRESSURE. :letterk1: :laugh:

I'm really enjoying the Reuzel ASL (especially now that I can control how much I dispense).
I've just used Reusel Larpple Varken for the first time. It was very nice. It really has me curious about Proraso Red. I may have to try it as they both have Sandalwood. Has Larpple Varken officially unseated Proraso Red splash?

View attachment 949086

errgg!! My experiences with electrics. Brrrrrr, Brrrrrr, Brrrrrrr. Oops, look at the time, have to run to work. Until I damage a screen or rotary cap so have an excuse to quit using the ineffective, expensive things and go back to a blade at least :)

errgg!! My experiences with electrics. Brrrrrr, Brrrrrr, Brrrrrrr. Oops, look at the time, have to run to work. Until I damage a screen or rotary cap so have an excuse to quit using the ineffective, expensive things and go back to a blade at least :)

I find that electric razors dry my skin out. I'm not at all sure why.

Top Bottom