What's new

Cal's "I don't do journals" Journal

I must admit to having no desire for fixed compass type directions Clay, or even thinking about them. I am familiar with working with angles down to one second though.:wink2: (As in degrees° minutes' and seconds".)

Vive la différence! :laugh:
Okay, pinched on the long side of shank facing to and away from hand "webbing", and pinched on the short side of the shank facing toward and away from the thumb, but was wanting a shorter way of saying it, and referring to it. Sort of like referring to North as up on shave maps. Left is to the North where I shave in my house :)

To each their own! :laugh:

SOTD

Brush:
Tiny Shavemac Silvertip D01
Soap: Wickham 1912
Razor: RazoRock GC84
Blade: Polsilver SI (27)
ASL: Reuzel
upload_2019-1-18_21-55-9.png

A wonderful (all DE) BBS shave today. :001_wub:

My SR playtime has definitely had a favorable "knock on" effect and lifted my DE technique up a notch. It's just great to love every single moment of a shave rather than only "most of it."

NEW KID ON THE BLOCK
Today was my first experience with Reuzel (Dutch for lard :001_huh:) ASL. I like this very much. It has a true "barbershop" scent, which I like. I thought how nice and smooth it felt rubbing it onto my face, that's when the "lard" connection clicked. :lol1:

SOTD

Brush:
Blade: Polsilver SI (27)
View attachment 944941

A wonderful (all DE) BBS shave today. :001_wub:

My SR playtime has definitely had a favorable "knock on" effect and lifted my DE technique up a notch. It's just great to love every single moment of a shave rather than only "most of it."

NEW KID ON THE BLOCK
Today was my first experience with Reuzel (Dutch for lard :001_huh:) ASL. I like this very much. It has a true "barbershop" scent, which I like. I thought how nice and smooth it felt rubbing it onto my face, that's when the "lard" connection clicked. :lol1:
So it's DPF, not MWF :)

Can it be used with a brush Cal?
There is no mention of it on their official website www.reuzelpomade.com, but from what I've read it can be applied by hand or by brush. I somehow think that is isn't for lathering (how would you lather lard anyway?).

It would be interesting to try, but there's no way I'd use any of my brushes with it and (from what I've read) it greases up razors, so you'd need really hot water on tap to keep your razor clean and working properly. So, as interesting as it is and as much as it has my curiosity piqued, I'm going to (try to) forget all about it. :001_rolle

Raven Koenes

My precious!
There is no mention of it on their official website www.reuzelpomade.com, but from what I've read it can be applied by hand or by brush. I somehow think that is isn't for lathering (how would you lather lard anyway?).

It would be interesting to try, but there's no way I'd use any of my brushes with it and (from what I've read) it greases up razors, so you'd need really hot water on tap to keep your razor clean and working properly. So, as interesting as it is and as much as it has my curiosity piqued, I'm going to (try to) forget all about it. :001_rolle
Yup, sounds like pig cracklings would make a mess of things. Their aftershave seems more interesting. From what I've read of the ingredients they left the lard out of it.

I am assuming that they saponify the Lard(Pig Fat), much like they do with Tallow.

SOTD

Brush:
Blade: Polsilver SI (28)
upload_2019-1-20_13-47-37.png

An excellent shave! A top class performance by all five of the team (and the team manager didn't do too bad either). :letterk1:

So, Cal, should I press the buy now button with the Reuzel Aftershave?
YES

SOTD

Brush:
Shavemac 21mm Silvertip D01 2-Band
Blade: Polsilver SI (29)
upload_2019-1-23_17-10-22.png

That was an excellent BBS shave. :biggrin1:

My Shavemac D01 2-Band was feeling neglected so I took it for a spin. It's certainly one nice brush. Everything else remained the same (barring the razor handle, which I changed to match the brush).

REUZEL AFTERSHAVE
I'm really enjoying the Reuzel ASL and its barbershop (lard and apples) scent. A big THANK YOU to @John Rose for his thread about it, otherwise I'd never have known that it existed.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Oh no. Rave is being pulled into a cult!

Screenshot_2019-01-23 Reuzel Shave Cream, 95 8g PomadeShop.png

I'm confused. Reuzel is a "cult brand" in The Netherlands, but its made in the USA? What am I missing...

Top Bottom