What's new

Calling all Louisiana members

As a life long Louisiana resident, This thread is to find out how many of our B&B members live here in Louisiana.

I'd like to use this thread as:

A data base for (local) PIF's and Swaps

A place to post local finds and discoveries

Somewhere to find others in our area that share the same interest in our hobby

A spot to plan meet-ups, get togethers, etc.

Somewhere we can talk all things uniquely Louisiana. Ex: LSU, Saints, Traffic/Weather, Restaurants, outdoors, and of course all things shave

* friend request one another and subscribe to this thread so we can keep up with what is happening locally.

I live on the north shore in the Mandeville/Abita Springs area, where are you From?

Dang, may have to add myself to this for when I come home, I live in California right now but my "home" is in Westwego, right outside of New Orleans.

Dang, may have to add myself to this for when I come home, I live in California right now but my "home" is in Westwego, right outside of New Orleans.
Your in brother! My dad used to take me to Westwego to buy shrimp at the "shrimp lots" when I was a kid! Thanks for your service sir!

Your in brother! My dad used to take me to Westwego to buy shrimp at the "shrimp lots" when I was a kid! Thanks for your service sir!

Most of my family has worked as shrimpers and fishermen. The shrimp lot is one of my favorite things about my home town, except for the smell of course.

Trails End antiques and the shop next to it in Ponchatoula has a few cool items you might want to check out if you are close. Saw a G-Bar, about 15 straights and a tech among other things. I bought a cool "gentlemen's" shaving mug but already have most of the razors.

I'm directly across the river from Westwego and across the lake from Mandeville. You guys have me surrounded.

Trails End antiques and the shop next to it in Ponchatoula has a few cool items you might want to check out if you are close. Saw a G-Bar, about 15 straights and a tech among other things. I bought a cool "gentlemen's" shaving mug but already have most of the razors.

Sounds like a good Saturday trip! Thanks for the heads up.

Greetings everyone!

Now I know you all may be wonderin' what the heck a member (a new member at that) with a name like TxHarleyGuy7 is doing barging in on your Louisiana thread. Well, I've been traveling to New Orleans for business at least once a month over the course of the last 25 years. Whether they'll claim me or not :001_smile, I consider the city a home away from home. I do business and have friends all over the state; Lafayette, Kinder, Shreveport, Westwego, Kenner, Gretna, Mandeville, Covington, Metarie, Welsh, Algiers, you name it. When in New Orleans, I call the Garden District home as I recently acquired a place there.

So while not 'officially officially' a full time resident of Louisiana, the city of New Orleans will forever hold a place near and dear to my heart. The people, the music, the culture, and oh goodness - the food!!!! If you fellas feel I don't belong in this thread, feel free to give me the boot. I'll understand.

My camera loves New Orleans:
$Jackson Square 1024.jpg

Welcome aboard one and all...lets not forget to friend request each other and post updates about local shave finds!

Originally from Houma. Transferred out here a couple years ago and fell in love with the place. I've adopted UL as my home team.

Went to some antique shops in Picayune Mississippi today and found these:

They had some other stuff too, just would have been duplicates for me. You guys should check it out

Went to some antique shops in Picayune Mississippi today and found these:

They had some other stuff too, just would have been duplicates for me. You guys should check it out

That's a crusty Fatboy you got there, I picked up 4 flare tips today just because. This hobby is so crazy that the guy at the counter asked what the difference between them was and I said nothing but the date codes :)

That's a crusty Fatboy you got there, I picked up 4 flare tips today just because. This hobby is so crazy that the guy at the counter asked what the difference between them was and I said nothing but the date codes :)
Crusty indeed lol

Found these today at at Jefferson Flea market outside of New Orleans in Kenner.

Gem Demaskeene, Black Tip, and a Ball Tech.
They were real funky but cleaned up very nice, I'm especially excited about the Damaskeene....it's my first.
Always wondered about them as shavers guess I'll find out this week! :)View attachment 493721View attachment 493721

Top Bottom