What's new

Calling all Louisiana members

We are good. Laura dead-centered and devastated my hometown of Lake Charles. However, my family was mostly spared with only roof damage and trees down in yards Replacing roofs and trees seems trivial compared to the immense damage everywhere. I would estimate 1/4 of all structures will need to be torn down and rebuilt.

It took me a few days to stabilize our house and my office building, we are all safe and healthy shacked up in my little house in uptown NOLA.

I pray all our Louisiana and East Texas B&B brothers and sisters are okay. Please check in.

Best,

Rusty

Same here. We had a lot of wind and a bit of rain here in the city. No damage but lost power about 8:00 Wednesday night. By the time I got the generator set up and running it was back on. Not everybody was so lucky, lots of folks still in the dark.
Having the eye pass right over us was a very eery yet cool experience.
Even though we've prepped for a few this year, this is the first storm to hit us. I'm just hoping they get power to the polling places as Ardoin says the Elections commission isn't going to supply generators.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I'm here too...finishing up with the damage (roof, bedroom etc...), from Hurricane Laura, vaccines, dental implants, (L), total hip replacement on the horizon, new Benz 450 Suv and a few other 'alligators' to chase down.
proxy.php

deridder-la-2-gif.793536
"We dwell in possibilities". DeRidder Slogan

Safe this time in Lake Charles. I think my house in NOLA is virtually unscathed. As bad as I felt with our damage from Laura last year, I feel more luck this year. Praying for you folks in SE Louisiana. Sending bunches of supplies tomorrow.

We are going home tomorrow. Hopefully we'll be able to get into the city. I talked to my neighbor and it appears the house came through well. My wife and grandkids are going to California while I assess things, make repairs if needed and wait for power to be restored.

Just recently got power/internet back. Things in the Slidell/Lacombe area are doing ok. Most have power back and clean up is progressing nicely. No real damage at my abode except for a tree down that smunched one of my bee hives.

Just recently got power/internet back. Things in the Slidell/Lacombe area are doing ok. Most have power back and clean up is progressing nicely. No real damage at my abode except for a tree down that smunched one of my bee hives.
Glad to hear are improving on the North Shore. My godmother had a tree fall on her house in Mandeville but the rest of my North Shore cousins came out unscathed.

Well, hurricane season is upon us. Are y'all ready?
I certainly have enough shaving gear to get me through!
Seriously, I have the generator checked out. We got shutters before Ida. And we got a travel trailer to get away in. I have very little ego about evacuating.

Top Bottom