What's new

Calling all Louisiana members

Got the pipe fixed had my shower ans shave so things are looking up. I did call a plumber for a price they could not come out until Saturday and the wanted $225 an hour 2 hour min.

That better be the hottest plumber ever. Lol! I'm glad to hear you got things fixed. I know how infuriating those things can be.

Well, its over now, so enjoy the glorious fluid! Woohoo.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Got the pipe fixed had my shower ans shave so things are looking up. I did call a plumber for a price they could not come out until Saturday and the wanted $225 an hour 2 hour min.
Robert:
Glad you 'hung-in-there'...you and your's are OK...you did it yourself and didn't let that 'criminal' Joe-the-Plumber 'take you for a ride'.
proxy.php

plumber-1-png.853637
"Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon and the truth". Buddha

Last edited:
Happy Mardi Gras from Lake Charles. Graduate of LSU in 1987 and 1991. Joined B&B in October 2017. Glad to see we got some boys from the boot here.

I was pleased to see this group on here. As I said in the akward post above I live in New Orleans Uptown around Napoleon and St. Charles (prime parade watching territory). I haven't had much luck finding shaving products in New Orleans. Aiden Gill on Magazine has some upscale overpriced software and very limited hardware(2 merkur DE razors and merkur blades). I agree with what I've seen above that Magazine Street Antiques is crazy overpriced.
If anyone is looking for a barber shave there is a barber shop on Oak Street in riverbend called Family Barber that does them. It's not a boutique type place, it's very old school. I get my haircut there but haven't had a shave there.
Looking forward to getting together sometime.

Welcome!! We've been pretty quiet lately, but it's great to see someone new dust off this old thread. Unfortunately B&M shave stuff in South Louisiana seems more miss than hit, but I am aware of a shave shop that opened up in Shreveport.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Yeah. It's about time for another round. This time I can safely say "yes. I like menthol soaps and no, I don't think I'll have another beer."

Glad to see you all here. I've been busy lately...so I have neglected by Louisiana brothers. Thanks for posting @Davidkimberly it is nice to see more people here. Not only is Aiden Gill overpriced but the people who work there are not knowledgeable at all. Plus they think the only shave soap out there is the English Shaving Houses!

Agreed about Aidan Gill. I’m up Magazine at Henry Clay. Nothing good here in New Orleans. Thank goodness for internet direct.

I would be interested. Agreed that Aiden Gill is over priced and has dummies working there. But the one on Magazine is next to Juan's Flying Burrito and that's worth trip

Top Bottom