What's new

Calling all Louisiana members

Thanks Robert for participating in this year's auction. I know many of the items, especially ones I would like to win, go for much more than their retail value...but it is all for a great cause. And to put it perspective, for the previous auctions (six of them I think...this was the seventh) B&B and all of the great members have raised over $121,000.00 for the National Breast Cancer Foundation...which has great ratings for being a very good steward of the monies they receive!

Thank you again!

HELLO ALL FROM THE WONDERFUL WINTER WONDERLAND CALLED LOUISIANA!!!

Did you survive the Louisiana Snowpocolypse on Friday? This is what my house looked like in the Morning...and not even close to the full amount of snow received. My wife and I were in very good spirits...and was sad to see the winter wonderland fade. But all the kids were out in the neighborhood throwing snowballs, making snowmen, or just having a great town. It just really made my day! If I don't speak to you before...I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

More than a dusting.jpg

The kids had a BLAST! It was my daughter's first snow day. She was all about some snow. Lol! I was cold just watching them play. The power went out, so my wife took the kiddos to her mom's in Kentwood. I went to work. Luckily they got power back up sooner than projected. That would NOT have been fun.

Still getting ready for Christmas here. A few more gifts and a BUNCH of shipping. Maybe a Christmas PIF lurking in my mind...

This was more like the weather I am used to. Made it feel like the Xmas season for Sandi and I. The older dog was used to snow the younger dog I do not think liked it that much.

My kids had a ball! My 3.5 year old insisted it was Christmas day because it was snowing. [emoji848] We too lost power from about 7:30-3:30. I was about to drive to mu folks house to borrow a generator to get the heat working when it kicked back on. Man, I would take one of those every year! I hope you guys are doing well!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I took this pic (sorry about the quality...I only have a Iphone 5...I 'really' got to upgrade), on the morning of...at 4:00am...and it was still 'coming down'.
proxy.php

It was like..."It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...", and 'taking me back' to days of
Pure Michigan.jpg

Winter 2017.JPG

proxy.php
“A picture is a poem without words”. Horace

Last edited:
Okay I have only been living in the area a couple of years. Since I have been here you have some strange weather. I had to deal with snow in the midwest but was not expecting to have to deal with it here. Hope everyone is doing well.

Okay I have only been living in the area a couple of years. Since I have been here you have some strange weather. I had to deal with snow in the midwest but was not expecting to have to deal with it here. Hope everyone is doing well.

Yup...our power went out this morning for a while. Then when the power came on, internet was out. I have pretty much stayed in all day. Looks like the roads are going to freeze over again tonight. You guys be careful if you have to get out.

Burst Pipe Ugh. One of the water lines feeding my house froze and split. Just spent this afternoon looking for a couple of pipe fittings. Which was made more difficult because a road closure and other people looking for the same fittings. Had to stop at 4 different places. Then spent 2 hours trying to fix a six" section which had a 45 elbow, a tee and no room to move the pipe. Got it all put back together and the shut off valve has a small drip so I can not get the copper pipe hot enough to solder. Gave up for the night and grabbed a beer. Plan B or C or D which ever one I am on tomorrow. Luckily I am on vacation. The part that frustrates me is I was a plumbing manager for several years and I know what I am doing things are just not cooperating. Thanks for letting me vent back to my beer.

OH NO! That, sir, is horrible. I'm sorry to hear of all the hassle. At least you have the knowledge to fix it yourself, even with the hassle.

Best wishes for a speedy repair!

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Robert:
proxy.php
OMG...I'm sorry to hear that, but at least you have the knowledge & experience for a 'you-do-it' project & fix it yourself...'hang-in-there'. :thumbsup:

Plumber  - 1.png
“[Plumbing] requires a completely different kind of thinking and problem-solving ability…you start with an end product in mind, and reason your way backward to the [pipes]". Joshua Foer

Last edited:
Hey gents! I've been hunkered down with the family. No real hardships. But my wife worked last weekend and my kids haven't had school since last Thursday, so the cabin fever is real. Sorry to hear about the burst pipe and the huge hassle fixing it. My DIY motto is "it's never as easy as it should be."

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom