What's new

Calling all Louisiana members

Another year and another upcoming hurricane season. Any concerns? Do you have your preparations in order. Got plenty of shave gear to see you thru?

I am good here. Doing the usual prep check generators, fresh gas, plenty of propane, batteries, water, food, etc. I have plenty of shave items and looking to reduce some of the collection to stock up on other items.

Not Louisiana but Our place in St Augustine Fl. is ready and we can get there or away from there to our other house in the Carolinas if need be.. I have some other friends on other sites in Louisiana who have said they are getting their stuff in order.... I wish all People's who are in the paths a safe season !!!!!

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
proxy.php
"Check out Shreveport's newest and fastest growing Mardi Gras Krewe". :thumbsup:

By Henrietta Wildsmith - The Times - USA TODAY NETWORK - 11 Feb 24 [23 Slides 📹]

"Krewe of Oceanus parade, Friday evening, February 9, 2024, at Mall St. Vincent in Shreveport".

View Slide Show: Shreveport, LA Newest and Fastest Growing Mardi Gras Krewe (Crew)

proxy.php
"Laissez les bons temps rouler...Yeah Baby"!!

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Lake Charles lets the good times roll for Mardi Gras 2024

Story by Patrick Deaville - Lake Charles KPLC - Fat (I'm not fat...I'm fluffy...😆), Tuesday, 13 Feb 24

LAKE CHARLES, La. (KPLC) - "There’s a buzz of excitement in Downtown Lake Charles this morning as residents prep for a day of fun and celebration on this Fat Tuesday.

Barricades can be seen lining Ryan Street and others along the parade routes as people grab their coats for a chilly Mardi Gras morning. Temperatures will likely still be in the 50′s by the time Mardi Gras in the Zone begins but should edge into the low 60′s as parades start to make their down their routes.

If you need a refresher on when the good times will start to roll here’s a list of what will be happening today in Lake Charles;
  • Mardi Gras In the Zone - Free event that provides a family-oriented area for families to enjoy the Mardi Gras festivities. The area will have several kid-friendly games and activities, including a live DJ, Bayou Games truck, laser tag, a bounce house, a train ride, and an activity tent. There will be plenty of hot dogs, popcorn, snow cones, and drinks for the kids to enjoy. Open from 11:30 a.m.to 3:30 p.m., on the parade route on Ryan Street – in the parking lot between Pujo and Kirby streets.
  • Area groups strut their Mardi Gras spirit down Ryan Street to the tunes of Mardi Gras music in this walking parade. Starts at 1 p.m. on Ryan Street at the Pine Street intersection.
  • Jeeps on Parade - The 2024 Mardi Gras Jeeps on Parade will take place on Fat Tuesday at 2:30 p.m. In conjunction with Seven Slots Society, jeep lovers unite to roll down Ryan Street in this jammin’ jeep parade.
  • Motor Gras Parade - Will showcase hot rods, classics, and motorcycles in the Fat Tuesday parade, starting at 3 p.m. in downtown Lake Charles.
  • Southwest Krewe of Krewes Parade - Get your purple, green and gold – it’s time to be a little bit gaudy! Over 60 krewes participate on floats of varying sizes blasting music and creating a fun party atmosphere. Downtown-Midtown Lake Charles - parade rolls at 5 p.m. More than 100 elaborate krewe floats, costumes, beads and more wind through the city in the culmination of the Fat Tuesday celebration".
Read More: "Laissez les bons temps rouler...Yeah Baby" - Lake Charles, LA

proxy.php

Last edited:

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
"Traditional Mardi Gras celebration held in Iowa"

Story by Devon Distefano - KPLC News - Fat Tuesday - 13 Feb 24

"IOWA, La. (KPLC) - The Town of Iowa’s Mardi Gras celebration is a tradition that has spanned decades in Calcasieu Parish.

In fact, Captain Rodney Victorian’s grandfather led the Mardi Gras krewe 49 years ago, and he’s made it his mission to pass on the old Mardi Gras values.

1707910210735.jpeg

1707910265542.jpeg

Mardi Gras Indian Costumes

“They all got together, and we’re trying to keep this tradition together as families,” Victorian said.

“I’ve been helping out since I’ve been in diapers. Ever since I’ve been able to walk, I’ve been following my grandpa around,” Victorian’s grandson, Landon, said.

Riders paraded through downtown Iowa on floats, ATVs, and horses, all displaying their purple, green, and gold. Along their journey, they made several stops to collect the ingredients for their gumbo and have their chicken runs.

1707908577570.jpeg

“My favorite is watching the kids chase the chicken and they look so cute in their little outfits,” one rider said.

“Just seeing these young kids grow up with something they’ve never seen before and catching chickens and stuff. They go to Popeye’s and buy a chicken, but hell, they’ve never seen real chickens in life and that’s why we’re trying to keep the tradition going,” Victorian said".

Works Cited: Iowa, LA Mardi Gras - Fat Tuesday, 12 Feb 24

proxy.php

Top Bottom