What's new

Calling all kayak fisherman

My wife and I have started fishing together. Mostly small creeks and streams. But we have decided to become kayak fisherman. We bought a 2 seater kayak from Brooklyn Kayak Company and I bought a 1 seater that was used. Its a little chilly for us to use right now but when spring comes we will be ready. Just wanted to see if anyone here fishes the same and your experiences.

Started kayak fishing this last year and love it. There is a quiet little lake a mile or so from our house, no gas motor allowed. Caught 2-3 lb bass every time out. Wife has a perception kayak and mine is old town top water 120. Very easy to throw in the truck and just go.

we also have a canoe and that’s pretty nice too. Our granddaughter likes to fish so it works well for those trips. Sometimes we take just the canoe and the wife will paddle me around while I fish. That’s pretty sweet.

I also flipped a kayak on the river this last year and lost a rod. It was gusting upto 20 mph and made it a little rough. I still had a good day though

Started kayak fishing this last year and love it. There is a quiet little lake a mile or so from our house, no gas motor allowed. Caught 2-3 lb bass every time out. Wife has a perception kayak and mine is old town top water 120. Very easy to throw in the truck and just go.

we also have a canoe and that’s pretty nice too. Our granddaughter likes to fish so it works well for those trips. Sometimes we take just the canoe and the wife will paddle me around while I fish. That’s pretty sweet.

I also flipped a kayak on the river this last year and lost a rod. It was gusting upto 20 mph and made it a little rough. I still had a good day though
Yeah, I am a little concerned about flipping one over, but in due time I guess it will happen. I just hope its warm weather. I am concerned loosing stuff also.

Yeah, I am a little concerned about flipping one over, but in due time I guess it will happen. I just hope its warm weather. I am concerned loosing stuff also.
My marriage is not strong enough to withstand a two-person kayak. Good luck.
Believe this or not,but my wife and I can fish together and enjoy each others company better than when we are at home. She's a country girl and just loves fishing.

That's cool that you two are fishing buddies. My wife and I solo kayaked and only used a 2-man once. She hit me in the head with the paddle a lot until we switched seats. It was funny and possibly accidental.

You'll probably have a blast kayak fishing. It's different and has some advantages when you get the hang of it. I've never fished out of a 2-man, but did for years out of one-mans. Compared to bigger boats or even canoes it feels like you're a serene floating ninja, slipping up to whatever you want and wherever. I usually brought a typical rod and spinner for larger bass, or catfish in the evenings. Maybe a fly rod broken down in the hull, and always an ultralight rig for small fish fun.

They're good in brackish and salt water too around bays, mangroves, grass flats, and docks. The kayak feels real low and small though if dolphins come over and screw around. Or a shark cruises by or rolls next to the kayak checking you out.

That's cool that you two are fishing buddies. My wife and I solo kayaked and only used a 2-man once. She hit me in the head with the paddle a lot until we switched seats. It was funny and possibly accidental.

You'll probably have a blast kayak fishing. It's different and has some advantages when you get the hang of it. I've never fished out of a 2-man, but did for years out of one-mans. Compared to bigger boats or even canoes it feels like you're a serene floating ninja, slipping up to whatever you want and wherever. I usually brought a typical rod and spinner for larger bass, or catfish in the evenings. Maybe a fly rod broken down in the hull, and always an ultralight rig for small fish fun.

They're good in brackish and salt water too around bays, mangroves, grass flats, and docks. The kayak feels real low and small though if dolphins come over and screw around. Or a shark cruises by or rolls next to the kayak checking you out.
She is all in on kayak fishing. We can't hardly wait for spring. You said your wife hit you in the head with paddles.The way my wife cast her line in a roundhouse fashion I may have to get myself a bike helmet,ha ha.

I went canoeing with my wife one time. Never again.....

I did get an inflatable 2 person fishing kayak for my son and me to fish in when we go camping. It can be a beach toy otherwise. If we like it, maybe a ”real” kayak is in our future....

My wife an me are going to have to increase our skill set on this tandem kayak. Hope our marriage survives.

Top Bottom