What's new

Calling all head shavers

Just one question - how long did it take you to get used to the shiny noggin looking back at you in the mirror?
On day 4 I keep thinking "Who is that guy?"

I have been shaving for about 10 yrs. and it still makes me take a second look. After about a month the shock had worn off. Give it about a month.

I've had almost no hair up there for near 20 years and have been shaving the rest of that traitorous hair off for nearly 10... even now it'll give me a shock but now I appreciate the high sheen on my noggin from having a well shaven head... Give it some time.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

yeah, about a month seems right, however I still don't get tired of feeling it particularly after a very close shave.

Thanks all! I was telling myself to give ig two weeks, but maybe I'll try to go the whole month.
Putting a hand on the head expecting to find hair is still as much of a sensory shock as a reflection right now.

It took me about a month. My wife urged me to go completely bald instead of having the hairs on the top of my head go every which way in the wind.

I have been bald since my late teens. I am 64 and have 10 yrs of head shaving. When I first did it, I wasn't too shocked, but it took me a few weeks to be comfortable with it. My brothers were like, eh, but their wives liked it. My friends eventually came around and now, it is my look. I never regretted my decision to headshsve. O guess it didn't hurt that I have a nice head shape. My friend, just own your new look and you will be happy you did!

It took me about a month. My wife urged me to go completely bald instead of having the hairs on the top of my head go every which way in the wind.
That bits been no problem for a while. #3 cut took care of most
Didnt bother me at all.

The breeze on my scalp was a change
That bit is very nice
the hardest part is the sweat, hair did a lot of wicking
That bit is not nice at all.
I have been bald since my late teens. I am 64 and have 10 yrs of head shaving. When I first did it, I wasn't too shocked, but it took me a few weeks to be comfortable with it. My brothers were like, eh, but their wives liked it. My friends eventually came around and now, it is my look. I never regretted my decision to headshsve. O guess it didn't hurt that I have a nice head shape. My friend, just own your new look and you will be happy you did!
I intend to rock it!
Maybe 2 minutes, and that was in the early 80's
Yeah, but you wear that hat in every post... :)

No time at all for me. I wanted to do it and accepted the look graciously. Let some stubble grow for a few days and you’ll be looking forward to that chrome look again.

Getting some sun and color to it helps.

There are matte creams that dull the sheen if you prefer.

No time at all for me. I wanted to do it and accepted the look graciously. Let some stubble grow for a few days and you’ll be looking forward to that chrome look again.

Getting some sun and color to it helps.

There are matte creams that dull the sheen if you prefer.

Who would want to dull all of that sparkling, shiny goodness? For me, there's not much better than seeing the reflection from my doom after I shave. My kids accuse me of waxing or polishing my head it shines so much.

Top Bottom