What's new

Calling All Cars- Woodward Dream Cruise in the Motor City 8/17/19

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
20190814_115313(0).jpg
20190814_115635.jpg
20190814_115450.jpg
There are many attractions to living in Michigan, in August we have the annual Woodward Dream Cruise. The cruise itself is just one day, this coming Saturday, but the sights of the classic cars bleed across most of this month. Cars that I know sit in garages 11 months a year are suddenly seen and heard all around.

Today I was out for my daily walk, during which I heard a rumble behind me while crossing a street without lights or crosswalks. When I looked that way, at first I didn't recognize what was coming, but then there was a caravan of all sorts of vintage Corvettes. Lots of them, I failed to count as I was busy trying to get a couple snaps with the cell. I'm thinking I saw at least 20 or more, really vintage 50's and early sixties (the pre-Sting Ray first generation). Like this pair - a '56 followed by a '60? s, at least that's my guess as to their provenance, I was after all a Ford guy .. several of them caught me snapping pics & waived.

There will be more around as the big day approaches, and the day will be live streamed if you are interested & can't make it over there ..

Top Bottom