What's new

Californian/US freeway lines

I don't doubt that Michigan has been having economic troubles and road maint. has suffered as a result.

Freezing winters cause an urgency to get potholes patched and resurface projects started.

Calif. uses good weather as an excuse to do nothing with the roads, while the nation's highest population pounds them. Anybody drive the length of the state on I-5 in the right lane lately? Hell no, everybody's in the left, because the right lane will beat your car to pieces.

Nothing stops the waste and corruption in the state govt., though, while revenue ostensibly for road upkeep goes God knows where.

/rant

I don't doubt that Michigan has been having economic troubles and road maint. has suffered as a result.

Freezing winters cause an urgency to get potholes patched and resurface projects started.

Calif. uses good weather as an excuse to do nothing with the roads, while the nation's highest population pounds them. Anybody drive the length of the state on I-5 in the right lane lately? Hell no, everybody's in the left, because the right lane will beat your car to pieces.

Nothing stops the waste and corruption in the state govt., though, while revenue ostensibly for road upkeep goes God knows where.

/rant

Michigan? Road maintenance? Yep, you've clearly never visited our fair state! Even before the 'recession' (I don't care what anybody says, we have a depression, at least here), road maintenance was not great by any stretch of the imagination. Roads go years without maintenance here as well.

As a kid in So-Cal, I used to hear the grown-ups joking about Cal-Trans, and their 2 or 3 supervisors for every worker. No wonder nothing ever gets done. It's probably worse these days.

As a kid in So-Cal, I used to hear the grown-ups joking about Cal-Trans, and their 2 or 3 supervisors for every worker. No wonder nothing ever gets done. It's probably worse these days.

The supervisors got laid off; they don't bother to send the workers out at all. :wink:

Top Bottom