What's new

Caldo must be Italian for "garbage"

I too was thrown off by the display of Caldo at target...it is prominently displayed in a tub, right next to a brush and razor set by the same company.
The cream does not lather at all. HOWEVER, one CAN get lather from the gel.... Last I tried the lather was rather mediocre, will have to give it another shot to see if it was just me.
The cream, however...is brushless only as far as I can tell. As such, it is decent. Just do not try to get a lather from it.
John P.

Is this the cream thats in a glass tub, and is in black packaging?

i was going to buy some of this stuff just for the glass tub

The bottom of the box says:

Distributed by Target Corporation
Minneapolis, MN 55403
Made in Italy
©2006 Target Brands, Inc.

I'm sure Target did the bare minimum to get to be able to use the "Made in Italy" line (maybe they have someone in Italy screw the tops on or something), but it is definitely Target Brand shaving cream.

The other thing to keep in mind is that the ingredients list is a mile long and looks like what you would expect from a modern "goo in a can" product.

It's only Distributed by Target... not 'Made by Target' so it very well could be 100% made in Italy.

The bottom of the box says:

Distributed by Target Corporation
Minneapolis, MN 55403
Made in Italy
©2006 Target Brands, Inc.

I'm sure Target did the bare minimum to get to be able to use the "Made in Italy" line (maybe they have someone in Italy screw the tops on or something), but it is definitely Target Brand shaving cream.

The other thing to keep in mind is that the ingredients list is a mile long and looks like what you would expect from a modern "goo in a can" product.
Perhaps this cream is made by folks from Minneapolis, MN. working in Italy!

I don't know about Caldo specifically, but the brushless creams I have tried never really lathered (e.g., Jack Black, Neutrogena).

Cheers,

Same here...I think most brushless creams are not meant to lather at all. They are meant to provide a slick shaving cushion directly to the skin surface which is a different philosophy than many of us are used to. The emphasis on lather is so strong here many of us have been taught to automatically rank a cream by it's physical lathering ability rather than the quality and comfort of the shave it helps produce. While your prefererence for a lathering or non-lathering product to get your comfortable, quality shave may be subjective, the products ability to give you the comfortable, quality shave is not...though it could vary somewhat by individual, of course.

The body wash luxery soap is FANTASTIC! (The big round one)
It's my favorite.Lots of suds,doesnt dry my skin out and the fragrance lasts a long time.

Hmm, tried this stuff today. brushless. I didn't expect any lather b/c I knew it was brushless.

I got through one pass. It was rough as hell.

I bailed out and lathered up some Speick cream with my brush.

Speick to the rescue.

anybody want to buy a tube of Caldo, used once?

Hmm, tried this stuff today. brushless. I didn't expect any lather b/c I knew it was brushless.

I got through one pass. It was rough as hell.

I bailed out and lathered up some Speick cream with my brush.

Speick to the rescue.

anybody want to buy a tube of Caldo, used once?

Seriously, you have to be what a level 16 cleric or something to be able to resurrect a thread from almost a year ago! :biggrin::wink:

I was looking for a way to combine shaving and mourning over the loss of Gary Gygax and you provided the means!

Seriously, you have to be what a level 16 cleric or something to be able to resurrect a thread from almost a year ago! :biggrin::wink:

I was looking for a way to combine shaving and mourning over the loss of Gary Gygax and you provided the means!

But alas, you manage to resurrect the thread and end up with cold caldo and no menudo! make a HEALTH roll or lose 5 HP! :smile:
Ernest

Top Bottom