What's new

Cal Ripkin Challenges - 2,632 in a Row (The hardest challenge in B&B)

Me too.
Wait, is this why I seek the most exotic expensive soaps.... to fill a bottomless pit of despair and sadness?
Nahhhhh!

Well, if it is true that you seek the most exotic expensive soaps, it's likely you are looking for a dose of dopamine instead of a serotonin drip. Dopamine gives a short thrill and Serotonin brings contentment.

You, and many others with AD's, may be falling victim to the "Pleasure Trap." You can get the book on Amazon. Unfortunately, the kindle version isn't available, but I can lend it to you for 10 days.

The book's focus is on eating, but it works for any addiction. Doug Lisle is an excellent explainer.

Now, if you are looking for pain relief, I suggest reading "The Run-Walk-Run Method" by Jeff Galloway. I've been using the method since 2015. You can learn how to release endorphines which are a pain reliever and mood enhancer if you aren't overdoing the exercise. Don't worry, I don't believe in pain when exercising.

In August, I had a couple valves replaced in my heart. They finally wore out after having a murmur since I was young. Except for the first day, the only pain medicine I took was two Tylenol tablets a day.

Hopefully, you find some of this useful. I do speak from experience with pain, but not with pain from your issues.

Last edited:

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I've been using the Wolfman razor and PolSilver SI blades for 1650 days with no plans to stop. I still have about 600 blades left and no interest in trying another razor.

But I don't travel with the Wolfman - it doesn't leave the house. I paid around $155 for it in 2015 and it would kill me to have to pay for a replacement.

But I use them because they work the best for me. I'm not trying to set any records, just trying to please my face.

I’d rather serotonin please.
I make fun of myself and shaving but I actually don’t have issues with spending or trying to find the next best thing. I just enjoy (as some would say) the finer things in life. My favorite soap is B&M 42. I couldn’t use it everyday though. I appreciate variety.
Blond, redhead or brunette?
My answer would be... YES!
Don’t point this out to the wife.

Well, if it is true that you seek the most exotic expensive soaps, it's likely you are looking for a dose of dopamine instead of a serotonin drip. Dopamine gives a short thrill and Serotonin brings contentment.

You, and many others with AD's, may be falling victim to the "Pleasure Trap." You can get the book on Amazon. Unfortunately, the kindle version isn't available, but I can lend it to you for 10 days.

The book's focus is on eating, but it works for any addiction. Doug Lisle is an excellent explainer.

Now, if you are looking for pain relief, I suggest reading "The Run-Walk-Run Method" by Jeff Galloway. I've been using the method since 2015. You can learn how to release endorphines which are a pain reliever and mood enhancer if you aren't overdoing the exercise. Don't worry, I don't believe in pain when exercising.

In August, I had a couple valves replaced in my heart. They finally wore out after having a murmur since I was young. Except for the first day, the only pain medicine I took was two Tylenol tablets a day.

Hopefully, you find some of this useful. I do speak from experience with pain, but not with pain from your issues.
It’s difficult to discuss pain sometimes because it’s very intimate and personal. I alway try to respect others feelings. Everyone wants to be valued and honored when it comes to their experiences. I do this when I can.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Lol, this gave me a good laugh.
You are an alright dude.

I had a SMALL stroke in my frontal lobe, and for about a month I was in the best mood. You could have cut my arm off and my only reply would have been to offer you the other one.

Now my brain is like a time bomb: constant small bleeds. I'm on Coumadin for a heart valve replacement.

I say all that just to say this: if it weren't for a sense of humor about it all, why shouldn't I just step into traffic?

Because life (even mine! lol) is precious! Take big bites out of it FarmerTan! Or sit in my Lazyarseboy and just fade away? Nope, I plan to live long enough to punch the undertaker in the eye!

You are an alright dude.

I had a SMALL stroke in my frontal lobe, and for about a month I was in the best mood. You could have cut my arm off and my only reply would have been to offer you the other one.

Now my brain is like a time bomb: constant small bleeds. I'm on Coumadin for a heart valve replacement.

I say all that just to say this: if it weren't for a sense of humor about it all, why shouldn't I just step into traffic?

Because life (even mine! lol) is precious! Take big bites out of it FarmerTan! Or sit in my Lazyarseboy and just fade away? Nope, I plan to live long enough to punch the undertaker in the eye!
I was curious as to how you lost your sense of smell. Now I know.

I could never partake in this challenge with over 100 razors, 26 brushes, about a dozen different soaps, and at least 20 types of blades. But that's since I discovered traditional wet shaving using DE razors. I've done 7 years with the same cartridge razor and same barbasol canned foam, so now I'll enjoy spice of variety from here on out.
Good luck to you @GaryTha

I could never partake in this challenge with over 100 razors, 26 brushes, about a dozen different soaps, and at least 20 types of blades. But that's since I discovered traditional wet shaving using DE razors. I've done 7 years with the same cartridge razor and same barbasol canned foam, so now I'll enjoy spice of variety from here on out.

Well, maybe you could use a different combination for 2,682 days in a row. We could figure out a random number generator to pick the numbers for you.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Yeah, I'm addicted to Arko, but through the generousity of so many here @ B&B, my soap cup runneth over. And blades as well: so MANY here have given me blades. I get in ruts, where I use the same thing (s) time and again, but I can't imagine not trying different things out.

Every time I think about joining this with my brush I realize that I am going to fix a couple of old brushes and would want to use them. I am currently having too much fun with trying blade/razor combinations to commit to either of them and doing the leap year sabbatical I have too many different soaps to get through to do it with soaps. I am writing here to keep it as an option for later though. So far I am 9 shaves in on my brush... I will keep track of how long it goes for fun.

From the age of 15 when I started shaving to when I turning 22 I used one razor Gillette Mach 3 didn’t used soap cream or brush something not even water I found with carts I can shave dry

1579342709457.png

Nice work @GaryTha!! Pass that half percent mark on the single set up. Your WMS is almost in the double digits. Only about 11 times as many shaves as you have done so far. You are so close I can smell it, and it smells like lemon industrial cleaner...I mean Williams Mug Soap.

Top Bottom